• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blues (A) build up

Following today's games Birmingham City are now in the bottom three. Yes we should beat them, but given it is a local derby and the Blues are desperate for points this could be a very tricky game.

Haven't they also done quite well against other top teams?

Haven't they also done quite well against other top teams?

Yeah unbeaten against the other sides in the top 6, beat Cardiff and Bristol City then got draws against Villa, Sheff U and Derby. We have the much better side but football isn't that easy, if we play like we can though we will win even without Neves. 10 points clear of 3rd would be some performance at this stage.

They usually raise their game against us, but we should still have too much for them.

on paper, we should walk it, but not playing on paper !! they will probably try and rough us up (like Cardiff) and unless we get a decent ref, we could get into trouble (with retaliation).
i would expect a win around 3-0 if good refereeing .

Actually around for this with my blues supporting mate but can't get tickets for it! Obviously we're sold out and apparently you need a history of booking tickets for Birmingham games to get a ticket in the home end for this fixture. Should have thought about this much earlier!

This just randomly came up on Spotify. Good omen I think.

Just on Ronan for a minute I can understand why some want him in ahead of Price but although they look like they have both been plucked from the set of Willow that's where the similarities end. Price is a natural DM and whilst you could argue both Neves and Saiss are DM's Neves in particular is in a completely different league.

Take Neves out for a minute and things look much easier for comparison,

Saiss - Price comes in to replace
Alf - Ronan comes in to replace

My problem with Price coming in to replace Neves is we lose a whole dimension in terms of how we play, Price can do about 40% of what Neves can, which is why im sure Alf will get the nod. If Neves is out the question then you have to have either Saiss or Price in the team, I don't think Alf and Ronan would work well at all.

I hope Ronan will go on loan he needs games along with Bright.

We need to come out of the traps tonight. There have been a few games of late where we've started slowly and sooner or later a sloppy pass is going to see us 1-0 down after 5 minutes.

We need to come out of the traps tonight. There have been a few games of late where we've started slowly and sooner or later a sloppy pass is going to see us 1-0 down after 5 minutes.

Norwich 2-0
Fulham 2-0
Reading 2-0
Leeds 4-1
Bolton 5-1

Prey tell me when we've come out of the traps slowly and gave away sloppy goals of late..

Wolves are the Championship's top scorers with 40 goals having netted 9 goals in their last 2 league games - more than Birmingham have managed in the last 17.

Cotterill will try to make it a scrappy, niggly game because that's the only chance they have of beating anyone, let alone us.

Nuno will have to decide what he wants from Neves' replacement tonight.

If he wants someone to keep it simple and give others the ball then it'll be Price. If it's someone to combat their bigger lads in midfield it'll be N'Diaye. Or if he wants someone who can try and pass the ball around like Neves then it'll be Ronan.

My feeling is that because it's a derby away from home he'll go for combative, and utilise the flair players further up the pitch on the counter rather than the centre of midfield. So it'll be N'Diaye.

If Cotterill's plan is just to kick us then it won't work. Any side that has done well against us has done so with a high press on the wing backs, centre mid and to a lesser degree centre halves coupled with niggly fouls. Anyone who has either just tried to kick us, put 10 men behind the ball or tried to play us at football has by and large been put away. On the way to Brum now, looking forward to the game, the walk down the hill into Digbeth afterwards less so.

Norwich 2-0
Fulham 2-0
Reading 2-0
Leeds 4-1
Bolton 5-1

Prey tell me when we've come out of the traps slowly and gave away sloppy goals of late..

He said we'd started slowly and soon it could cost us, not that it had. Reading could have scored before we did, and Bolton got in behind us in the first minute and a better pass/cross could have seen us 1 down in the first minute.

Norwich 2-0
Fulham 2-0
Reading 2-0
Leeds 4-1
Bolton 5-1

We do seem to sit back for 10 minutes and let the other team play a little, but even so, we haven't been giving them chances.

After those results I'm bricking the fact of starting slowly tonight.

I'm still getting cheesed off with a selection round me still saying 'get it forward'. FFS aren't you fucking sexually excited in how we pass the ball, I certainly am I have somewhere to rest my burger and coke without constantly bending down for it.

Bolton's early chance was down to Coady losing possession poorly, not from us starting slowly.

Back