• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blues (A) build up

I'd expect N'Diaye to play to combat the physical threat of N'Doye for them. That's a matchup that simply doesn't favor Price or Ronan.

N'Doye is a criminally awful player, I wouldn't even say he breaks up play (well, he breaks up Blues' play if they give him the ball as he has the skill of a biscuit tin). Definitely would not adapt our team for a shithouse like that.

Cotterill will try all his standard 1989 lower league tactics on us. See if they can rough up the pitch between now and then. They already have shit floodlights. Might go for the classics of long grass, cold tea, cold showers, heating on full blast at half time. None of it should matter.

Still waiting for the stock "I would rest Jota, he has played a lot" comment...

We don't need to worry about N'Doye. He's an abysmal footballer. Like playing Kanu in midfield.

With games coming thick and fast I wonder whether Costa will get a starting place at St. Andrews. He seems to have recovered his sharpness and match fitness.

Jota the Lesser is the only Blues player we need to be worried about and Blues still haven't worked out how to play to his strengths.

Has he been that bad for Blues?

Yes, I've seen better players down the park. Awful.

With games coming thick and fast I wonder whether Costa will get a starting place at St. Andrews. He seems to have recovered his sharpness and match fitness.

Doubtful he gets in at St. Andrews. You can't drop Cavaleiro out after his recent performances, and that's where Costa would play. He's going to have to be patient

That's a damn shame. He was utterly imperious at Angers when he and Saiss were playing together.

A Blues player having no footballing ability is a shame? :icon_lol:

Birmingham City will be really up for this game. Despite their lowly position in the league they have beaten Cardiff City and drew with Aston Villa and Sheffield United. This will not be an easy game at all.

I am a little worried about not having Neves to run the game from midfield but we should have more than enough to turn them over no matter how many lumps they try and kick out of us

Birmingham City will be really up for this game. Despite their lowly position in the league they have beaten Cardiff City and drawn with Aston Villa and Sheffield United. This will not be an easy game at all.

I saw the Villa and Cardiff games. Two of the poorest games I've seen all season. Which is understandable from their point of view - they have very little quality so try to drag it down to the level of a scrap. Realistically neither Villa nor Cardiff outplay teams, both routinely have very low possession statistics for teams that are near the top of the league (just to pick two recent examples, Villa had 43% last Tuesday at home to a Sunderland team who hadn't won since August and Cardiff had 31% on Sunday at Forest) and they have their own way of getting results. Which y'know, is fine for them.

I don't think they'll be able to do that with us. They will try to make it niggly, try to put us off what we do but a number of teams have now tried a number of approaches at that and failed. We've moved on a long way since when we got Warnocked.

Having a look at their forum, it looks like if we shut down Boga they'll have no other threats.

Being Warnocked won't happen again anyway as Nuno & the team have learnt - trying to kick us out won't either

Derby's bring their own issues, particularly away as their fans will really want a win to burst our bubble (even if they did it wouldn't especially as it's only 1 game out of 46) - we have far more quality than them & if we play anywhere near what we are capable of then we will win (as long as the team doesn't perform like they did at QPR when just about everyone were below par at the same time then it will be fine)

Getting injuries is my main concern against blues, they've got previous for it.

If it's a football match we'll have no bother, a shit ref could mean trouble.

We are physical enough ourselves no worries. Must be ALF, if it aint Bennett must be Rodders. Price is injury cover for me nowhere near a start. No Idea why he's still here tbh but Nuno knows best.

Back