• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Villa (A) build up

I got score right last match and can only see another comfortable win for us 3-1 to the mighty wolves

I'm not nervous at all as all the pressure is on them to win. I'd take a draw, but if we play anywhere near our best we will beat them.

I'm not nervous at all as all the pressure is on them to win. I'd take a draw, but if we play anywhere near our best we will beat them.

Exactly this. I have backed 3-0 and 3-1 to Wolves, but would take a draw, which would completely end Villa's slim chance of catching us

2-1 to us would be my bet.

Agree with Bear - Villa need the win as much to hold onto Cardiff & fend off the fast approaching Fulham rather than just about our lead.

They score first can see them shrinking back to defend that - we score first then they will have to come full bore at us. Either scenario doesn't hurt us enormously, though given that at times we have struggled to sometimes break down a packed defence would prefer the latter one.

The win isn't essential for us, though would be very sweet revenge for this weeks goings on. Predict a draw or narrow 1 goal diff win for us.

Absolutely pumped for this one really can't wait massive game for both sides. Whilst we will go for the win a draw would be good enough for me, I am going for 2-2 with Jota and Cav the scorers.

My other big hope is that all our players come out unscathed, I have a feeling this one might be a bit feisty!!
I hope it's a footballing game (if you know what I mean)...With no Whelan or Hutton on the pitch that looks more likely.
To be honest I don't think Villa are that pacey,Grealish slows play down more than often but he can unlock a defence.

As long as we put in a decent performance I'll be happy...should we lose we will still be 7 infront and with Reading Burton to come.
...no worries.

I think this week has put the fire back in our bellies. We have disposed of one complainant, and now the second lies in front of us. I expect us to try and absolutely crush them. Whether we are successful, who knows, as they are a decent side, but I really want to see Terry dumped on his arse as our fleet forwards rip him a new one and waltz in to score. Preferably about 5 times.

I believe that the latest bullshit about we are not legal will motivate the players, but I believe 2,000% in Nuno so I have no stress whatsoever about this game, win lose or draw. The man is a god, and I don't believe in god!

Rumour is that the only change is Neves back in for Saiss.

I think I'd rather go with Saiss man marking Grealish personally rather than Alf. He isn't as strong, but has better defensive discipline and is more of a threat from set-pieces.

I’d say Ndiaye was more of a threat from set pieces. Saiss is also scared to tackle with the yellow card situation

Would also go for Saiss staying in rather N'Daiye - there are other games when his physicality & forward runs will be more beneficial

We will need midfield discipline for this one

I think this week has put the fire back in our bellies. We have disposed of one complainant, and now the second lies in front of us. I expect us to try and absolutely crush them. Whether we are successful, who knows, as they are a decent side, but I really want to see Terry dumped on his arse as our fleet forwards rip him a new one and waltz in to score. Preferably about 5 times.
I do too, did you see Nuno frantically waving the players forward when we attacked against Leeds?
I think he will go for the jugular.

I’d say Ndiaye was more of a threat from set pieces. Saiss is also scared to tackle with the yellow card situation
Has Alf even scored from a set-piece?

All four of Saiss' goals are I think.

Alf scored the other week! Saiss has scored two headers. Leeds and Fulham.

I think Alf is better in the air than Saiss. Bigger, stronger, better jump.

Simple fact is you eliminate the two game ban worry for Saiss by playing N'Diaye today. The amnesty is after this game isn't it?

Simple fact is you eliminate the two game ban worry for Saiss by playing N'Diaye today. The amnesty is after this game isn't it?

Yep he’s scared to make a tackle and he’s said it himself. It’s after Reading now (37 games) because of the postponement

On the train now and buzzing for this, should be a good one. Thanks again to Darlo for helping me out.

Only change I'd like to see is Neves for N'Diaye. Got Costa and Afobe to then come off the bench and tear their tired defence to shreds.

On the train now and buzzing for this, should be a good one. Thanks again to Darlo for helping me out.

Only change I'd like to see is Neves for N'Diaye. Got Costa and Afobe to then come off the bench and tear their tired defence to shreds.

You're welcome Callum... Enjoy the game and hopefully a win!

Nevsh for Saiss the only change.

Back