• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Villa (A) build up

Wyness has just tweeted a link to the BBC Lambert getting sacked article. Jesus Christ, this might need its own thread :icon_lol:

Wyness has just tweeted a link to the BBC Lambert getting sacked article. Jesus Christ, this might need its own thread :icon_lol:

I love some of the responses to it. My favourite:

Keith, have you heard the bad news about Micheal Jackson?

:icon_lol:

Not sure I get why he's tweeted that.

I think that its due to the part of the article where Mike Taylor is saying that Jorge Mendes has influence on transfer policy.

What it does appear to make abundantly clear, though, is that the owners Fosun are very much influenced by the agent Jorge Mendes, to a greater degree than they have previously been prepared to admit. Lambert was never going to stand for that.

He's clearly a fucking imbecile. Quite worrying for Villa tbh, thank God we've got class acts like Laurie Dalrymple and Jeff Shi instead of raving lunatics like Radrizzoni, Xia and Wyness.

I wonder if part of the reason why he was brought back was for some extra leadership skills? I noticed how well him and Coady were communicating with the rest of the team - after some lacklustre displays at the back, it was good to see us looking relatively untroubled.

I don't think the last line here is fair though TBH. Although I agree that Coady is a better leader. Batth had a very good steady game, the shirt is his now as far as I'm concerned. If he fails to maintain those standards, Bennett (or Miranda) are waiting in the wings. With Batth, I get the feeling that there is a section of our fan base waiting for him to make an error.

Agree with all of this. I also think he may have been included because of his superior attacking threat off set-pieces; the second goal being a case in point. Nuno knew they were soft as shite off them and, hey presto, that's where two of our goals came from.

Glad when this games out the way started to a BCD feel to it in the build up, must say most the hate is one way tho.

He's clearly a fucking imbecile. Quite worrying for Villa tbh, thank God we've got class acts like Laurie Dalrymple and Jeff Shi instead of raving lunatics like Radrizzoni, Xia and Wyness.

They need to be careful. The FA will be getting pissed off at the amount of Tweets about this subject. Especially after they have made their stance on it clear.

The EFL meeting today should be an interesting one. You would hope they would tell Villa and Leeds to grow the fuck up.

Majority of replies from Villa fans have gone the same way as Leeds fans last night. Slating Wyness for a lack of class.

Not that I feel sorry for Steve Bruce in the slightest but he must have his head in his hands as Wyness has just written Nuno's teamtalk.

Agree with all of this. I also think he may have been included because of his superior attacking threat off set-pieces; the second goal being a case in point. Nuno knew they were soft as shite off them and, hey presto, that's where two of our goals came from.

We're such a threat from set pieces, it's brilliant. Baz, Cav and Ruben with the delivery, guys like Boly, Batth, Bennett, Alfie, Saïss & Afobe attacking the ball (+ J who despite being quite short is just a pure hard cunt) and excellent coaching.

Such a well rounded team.

Must admit to having a little chuckle to myself with regards to how fickle we can all be. After the Fulham match, there was plenty of talk in the Reading build up thread about dropping Ruddy for Norris, yet between then and last nights kick-off nothing had happened that could have changed anyone's mind because the Reading game was off, but no-one is suggesting anymore that Ruddy should have been dropped for last night, or Saturday. Just shows how reactionary we can all be and how short our memories can be. Love this game :).

No not all, some getting twitchy but most on here were still confident. Its always possible to lose to an in form team away from home. We have had a great season so far but some wanted it all tied up in March (as did I) seriously if it was that easy it wouldn't be worth it. Our DDL has put paid to any records though!

They need to be careful. The FA will be getting pissed off at the amount of Tweets about this subject. Especially after they have made their stance on it clear.

The EFL meeting today should be an interesting one. You would hope they would tell Villa and Leeds to grow the $#@! up.

Pretty sure they think the more they shout their mouth off eventually something will be done.
Talksport saying it could be discussed at EFL meeting today.

To be fair to Leo the ball is into his feet and at the speed they were all moving he had to adjust to get the ball out of his feet and couldn't let it run across his body without stopping. I thought the pass should've been further in front so he could have hit it first time.

I'd agree with that, a few other times where Bonatini's touch wasn't the best he was also trying to contend with a pass that wasn't quite where it needed to be, with the one on one it was a little behind him and whilst he did well to draw it into his path it did but a dent in his momentum and he never really managed to get the ball back out his feet properly before trying to finish, I was a little surprised he didn't try and go round the keeper to be honest.

I think it's been noticable at times throughout the season that Bonatini's technique lets him down quite often, he can be very erratic in that respect, one minute he's laying a lovely little cushioned pass into someone then the next thing you know he's ballooning something over the bar or getting it stuck under his feet. Turned out to be a better player than anticipated in the summer, and certainly the right type of forward to work in this team, but ultimately I don't think he's really on a par with majority of the other summer signings and certainly doesn't appear good enough to step up another level.

I'd agree with that, a few other times where Bonatini's touch wasn't the best he was also trying to contend with a pass that wasn't quite where it needed to be, with the one on one it was a little behind him and whilst he did well to draw it into his path it did but a dent in his momentum and he never really managed to get the ball back out his feet properly before trying to finish, I was a little surprised he didn't try and go round the keeper to be honest.

I think it's been noticable at times throughout the season that Bonatini's technique lets him down quite often, he can be very erratic in that respect, one minute he's laying a lovely little cushioned pass into someone then the next thing you know he's ballooning something over the bar or getting it stuck under his feet. Turned out to be a better player than anticipated in the summer, and certainly the right type of forward to work in this team, but ultimately I don't think he's really on a par with majority of the other summer signings and certainly doesn't appear good enough to step up another level.

I agree with this.

As much as we did need a Plan B, and seem to have settled on Afobe as the one to provide it, we will likely want to upgrade on our Plan A for next season - false-nines aren't that common, but I could imagine us converting a attacking midfielder to that role just as easily maybe? It's going to be interesting to see who our target is and whether we do keep this team setup so that role is as essential.

Must admit to having a little chuckle to myself with regards to how fickle we can all be. After the Fulham match, there was plenty of talk in the Reading build up thread about dropping Ruddy for Norris, yet between then and last nights kick-off nothing had happened that could have changed anyone's mind because the Reading game was off, but no-one is suggesting anymore that Ruddy should have been dropped for last night, or Saturday. Just shows how reactionary we can all be and how short our memories can be. Love this game :).

People were still suggesting playing Norris last night.
Not like Ruddy did anything 'right' yesterday anyway. He had nothing to do, so did nothing wrong, so obviously won't be dropped for the next game.

Totally agree with this. We will need to upgrade on his next season, though I think the fluid front three could be really effective next year.

People were still suggesting playing Norris last night.
Not like Ruddy did anything 'right' yesterday anyway. He had nothing to do, so did nothing wrong, so obviously won't be dropped for the next game.
Great save from the early offside header (he wouldn't have known it was offside).

Back