• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blues (A) build up

Ruddy

Batth Coady Boly

Doherty Saiss Price Douglas

Cavaleiro Bonatini Jota

SUBS: Norris, Bennett, Miranda, Vinagre, Costa, N'Daiye, Enobakhare​

This would be my team as well. Batth has generally looked better than Bennett this season to me and that mistake can be the justification to drop him. Reckon Danny will be right up for this one and against Birmingham his weaknesses aren't that likely to be exploited.

We're playing a team that has lost more games than they've scored goals and their joint-top goalscorers in the league have two each. As long as our front line plays like we know they can these jokers shouldn't trouble us at all.

We are physical enough ourselves no worries. Must be ALF, if it aint Bennett must be Rodders. Price is injury cover for me nowhere near a start. No Idea why he's still here tbh but Nuno knows best.
If there were any doubts about Price fitting into this team, I think he should have silenced them with his performance against Manchester City.

I wanted a Saiss/Price midfield last season, it would be my choice for this game. Price is adept at keeping us ticking over

If there were any doubts about Price fitting into this team, I think he should have silenced them with his performance against Manchester City.

Admittedly I missed most of the first half but I thought Price was quite poor against City. Worked hard of course as part of a great team performance, just thought as an individual he struggled in his own right, if that makes sense.

I thought Price was as exceptional as a midfielder can be in a game where you're just never going to control possession.

Price was good in the first half at City but did get worse as the game went on. Off the ball he did his job mostly but he became very sloppy on it and gave the ball away needlessly sometimes that put us under pressure. I've never been his biggest fan and understand he would be the more similar player to Neves but think i would go with Alf.

I would go with Price personally..we have Saiss to do the dirty work in there already..yes, I like Price and think he deserves a chance..true as Slink says he threw away some passes in the city game but Im sure he will come good.

I like price but he doesn’t provide an attacking threat - both neves and Saiss can play the cross field balls to get us going and Alf can muscle his way forward. Price will play almost like another CB with little passes here and there.

Alf for me all day long. Bigger physical presence at set pieces, better defensively and Birmingham have a couple of big units that'll need dealing with. Plus far more likely to score than Price.

Alf for me all day long. Bigger physical presence at set pieces, better defensively and Birmingham have a couple of big units that'll need dealing with. Plus far more likely to score than Price.

I agree with this. I think Jack has hit his ceiling and whilst I like him as a player he's not good enough for this kind of company.

Surprised I'm seemingly the only person who'd go with Ronan over Price.

I'd love to see Ronan involved, to be honest. Maybe even MGW on the bench too.

Surprised I'm seemingly the only person who'd go with Ronan over Price.

Nah you're not. Ronan over them both, and I'd even think about Gibbs-White being on the bench ahead of Price.

I'd love to see Ronan involved, to be honest. Maybe even MGW on the bench too.

I agree with MGW coming in, Bright has been used as a striking option when Leo has come off in a few games, and for me he's not a centre forward.

Alf for me - I think this is exactly why Nuno wanted him, to give us that cover

Back