• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga appointed head coach

Can someone post up the Mendes manager client list.
Would like to know who else we can look forward to this season.
Laughable.
We could play Mendes bingo with his client list. As each one signs, the first one to get a line wins a prize.

I think the bit that's shocked me was that under lopetegui we were a long term project to be sensibly grown and nurtured, with long term growth the aim (albeit with promotion sharpish).

Walter zenga seems to be more of a short term appointment based on his career so far.

I think this is a short term appointment following a disagreement with Kenny about the influx of foreign players. I still think they are looking for a higher profile manager looking for a challenge and willing to step down a level.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I think this is a short term appointment following a disagreement with Kenny about the influx of foreign players. I still think they are looking for a higher profile manager looking for a challenge and willing to step down a level.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Good point that, if Kenny felt he couldn't cope with the players coming in and we hadn't earmarked a long term appointment then this makes sense.

Regardless of his record elsewhere I wish him all the luck in the world, as long as we start playing some decent football with a set of decent, young players then as far as I'm concerned he is a definite improvement on Kenny's constant 0-0's with the likes of Coady and Edwards playing. If it all goes tits up then so be it, we will just get someone else in. Not a model I would necessarily advocate but I'm not the owner so don't really have a say. Thanks for the memories Kenny, you steadied the ship when we needed it. Good luck Walter, hopefully this will be the making of you and us!

I will give zenga my support and lets hope he get a positive start..pretty neutral of the appointment..

Lopetegui and Zenga, are both managers who will play with what they are given. This is more common in Spain and Portugal. It means that they won't be the people, who will be chosing the players. They will play with what they are given and won't openly moan about it.

Steve Bruce, would never be a Wolves manager, under Mendes. Steve Bruce is a proactive manager, who would tell the Chairman, who he wanted, obviously to a budget

If Zenga or any other manager fails and can't get the best out of the players, he has been given to get promotion, it is Zenga who goes, not Mendes. There are no excuses and the manager knows what is on the table, before he is appointed coach. Mendes would never be interested in a Steve Bruce type of appointment and Steve Bruce would never be interested in working for Mendes.

We have to see how things go, as we are now able to aquire more exciting players, that we would never have been able to sign under Morgan, last year. I do think that it was better Kenny went now, as he was a dead man walking. This is the last thing you would want, when you are trying to attract new players to Molineux.

The fact of the matter is, Kenny's team will be quickly fucked off with Mendes in charge of transfers, so hold onto the coat tails and get behind the best dressed man in The Championship...

Walter-Zenga-Sampdoria-1.jpg

ha ha , cypro will be the number one selection this season for me.

The fact of the matter is, Kenny's team will be quickly fucked off with Mendes in charge of transfers, so hold onto the coat tails and get behind the best dressed man in The Championship...

Walter-Zenga-Sampdoria-1.jpg

The Zengabus is coming
And everybody's jumping
We're gunna have a disco
From Newcastle to Bristol

Everybody knows his name so hes a big name and will attract players that Jackett could not but will he be able to manage.

Ive said this before, I hope Wolves dont become a dumping ground for Mendes's flops.

Everybody knows his name so hes a big name and will attract players that Jackett could not but will be be able to manage.

Ive said this before, I hope Wolves dont become a dumping ground for Mendes's flops.

It may well be too late already. As soon as mendes name was mentioned in such a big way, i thought, " Oh fuck here we we go again :" Mr Bhatti.

I followed Al Ain during the 2006-7 and the first part of the 2007-8 season and they were bloody brilliant. Easily the best team in Asia, in fact they won the Asia Cup under Zenga. Zenga did a damn good job at Al Ain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may well be too late already. As soon as mendes name was mentioned in such a big way, i thought, " Oh fuck here we we go again :" Mr Bhatti.

It is clearly going to be nothing like that at all.

Strap yourself in and get ready for the ride.

At least it isn't going to be dull. We live in interesting times.

Pav. We've agreed a £21M fee with Benfica for a player. Whether or not the boy signs that should show you that these guys are about as far removed from the Bhatti brothers as you could possibly be.

Not particularly bothered about his record. Apart from a few Italian teams he's mainly managed disaster clubs in $#@!e leagues. You can't judge anyone on how they do at clubs like Red Star or Steaua. As for the middle eastern clubs... I suppose it reflects badly on him that he took any of those jobs in the first place but I don't particularly care how well he did there.

Clean slate for me. As long as we get the players in to go with him then I'd much prefer Zenga to Jackett.
I don't care who you are, if you turn down the kind of money and living conditions the stable Middle East leagues can offer, you've got a screw loose.

Have calmed down a bit now, suffice to say I soaked my pants but as we have shown any manager can turn things around on a dime.

This could be Les Read. This could be Carlos Carvajal. This could be Aitor Karanka.

One thing it won't be is mundane.

I can't see a problem, he'll be binned off no problem if things don't work out, all that 'stable management', ' need to give him xyz years to build a team' bollocks belongs in the past.
Never seems to do the top Spanish teams any harm, Arsenal fans will be wanting Wenger fucked off again if they don't win their first game.

It may well be too late already. As soon as mendes name was mentioned in such a big way, i thought, " Oh $#@! here we we go again :" Mr Bhatti.
Yes, Mendes only signs chump players.

I know having ties to an agent feels shady but don't think for a second that Mendes' prestige as a professional is not directly tied to the success of his clients.

Back