• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga appointed head coach

I like the guy in the black hoodie outside the ticket office. He sounds like a Points of View complaints voiceover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSqUwvCqc-M

Fucking hell we have some real moaning doom goblins supporting us dont we! We were shit last year at home absolute dross.! Pretty much anything will be an improvement football wise. Now we have money, intent , a new manager, a new ethos , a new owner it has pretty much never been a better time to be a wolves fan if the intent is matched by actions which so far they have.

I must declare complete bias however as he was one of my top five goalkeeping heroes in the 80s and 90s together with Schmiecal snr David Seaman, Tafferel, and the late great Mark Kendall!

8) He has a fiery reputation as a coach. While in charge of Al-Nasr in 2012, he was fined for calling a reporter stupid after a 1-1 draw with Al Wahda. "I will not answer this stupid question," he said. "I enjoy my time in football. You are nothing. You are nobody."

Tim II already worried......

8) He has a fiery reputation as a coach. While in charge of Al-Nasr in 2012, he was fined for calling a reporter stupid after a 1-1 draw with Al Wahda. "I will not answer this stupid question," he said. "I enjoy my time in football. You are nothing. You are nobody."

Tim II already worried......

He wont suffer egos bigger than his! Which I feel may be a good thing if we are going for a faily young squad. It will be his way or the highway!. I think I am far happier with this appointment to Saunders or Solbakken.

I always like managers who bring the spotlight on them and not the team when it comes to the press - a la Mourinho and Ranieri.

It's all well and good being a gent to the press, but you need the results on the pitch. I can't get over the obituary-esque statements in the E&S today about Kenny. It's almost as if we've lost Sir Alex Ferguson.

I wonder what Tim II watches sometimes. Remember those player verdicts he gave at the end of last season? You'd have thought we'd won the league.

Multiple teams in the Championship sacked their manager last season for unacceptable performance when we were within a couple of points either way of them.

I sort of understood it when McCarthy left, but a promotion from League One aside I don't think Kenny deserves too much of a fanfare. A thanks for helping us get back in the Championship, obviously, but nothing more than that.

Just watched Tim II on the news. I thought they were interviewing some of the mong fans we have. An incoherent mess of an opinion and interview. Any feelings of sympathy have just gone as he now just deserves every little bit he gets.

The sacking has hit him hard. Have some sympathy man....

If it hadn't been for the fact that we were for sale & just in a holding pattern then Kenny would have gone sometime last season & wouldn't have been around to be sacked now

I thank him for the good bits that he did, but right to move on.

Whether this is the correct appointment will no doubt be revealed over the next 2 - 3 months - if its not then no doubt it will be changed.

There's an odds-on favourite every half an hour. They have as much of a clue as we do.

My favorite part of all this is that Zenga was confirmed seconds after this post (regarding Zenga being moved to 1/10 odds this morning).

Having gotten over my initial shock I am weirdly excited about this. He's either going to be amazing or a complete disaster but it's certainly not going to be dull!

Having gotten over my initial shock I am weirdly excited about this. He's either going to be amazing or a complete disaster but it's certainly not going to be dull!

Same here. I was fucking livid when he first signed up but I'm a sucker for a manager who wears a blazer that well.

He looks like the type of guy who'll go on the lash with the fans.

Well moreso than this guy...

AlanPardew.png

My favorite part of all this is that Zenga was confirmed seconds after this post (regarding Zenga being moved to 1/10 odds this morning).

:icon_lol: Not quite my finest hour. Nothing will ever top when I asked about Ecuador taking part in the ACN.

Keeping my powder dry as to the quality of this appointment. Cam a bit out of left field but as with all managers that come through the door, they will have my full backing unless they prove otherwise.

He's got his work cut out though as the squad is clearly paper thin. The only 4 players from y'day that should be guaranteed a start next week are Iorfa, Hause, Price & Ennis.

At this point I'm just happy Jeff didn't find a Norwegian head coach. Giving Walter a clean slate, what he's done or not done before doesn't really matter right now.

It was stressful when Solbakken came under pressure. :)

Back