• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga appointed head coach

I agree Trev.

Going to be a wild ride whatever happens. After the intense apathy of 2015/2016 I welcome it.

Just got to get myself a ticket. So weird not having an ST. I will get used to it I guess.

The Wolves side in one month, will be completley different to todays. For me, more important than our new coach, will be the new C.E.O. This appointment will be vital and give a true indication of the direction of our club. I feel positive in general about how things are going. Fosun are a very powerful company and Mendes is a superagent, with a link tlo the best players in the world. At the moment, things are small fry. He will want Wolves to get promoted, so he can offload some big names on us in the Premier League. He has seen a big opportunity, with Wolves. He won't want to mess up, as he will see big money to be made from Fosun, when we get promoted.

All options are open. I miss the South Bank in a strange way. Don't forget my first Wolves experiences were on that terrace and I had a season ticket there for a long time.

Would love to attend Rotherham or our first home game.......but next Saturday I will be driving back from Devon after collecting my folks and on the following Saturday I will be taking them home (and fook off am I delaying the drive down to Ilfracombe until after 6).

Can't even get to the Crawley game as my Son is turning 18 and a meal has been booked for that night.

Is Zenga head coach or manager? Quite different in terms of the FO's confidence in a man.

The appointment of the manager/head coach and indeed a lot of the players linked with signing for us seem to me to have the Jorge Mendes footprint.
It worries me somewhat that so much of the recruitment may be being driven by a 'super agent'.
I don't really like the idea of a bunch of players being brought in possibly with very little managerial input or approval based on super agent contact lists.
Just looks like collecting a series of individuals rather than constructively building a team equipped to do a particular job. Money or not it has to be spent wisely.
In my view the manager/head coach should decide who he wants, the board do their best to sign such players and then leave team management to the said Manager/Head Coach. But then maybe that makes me a bit of an old fuddy duddy heretic.

"So you're slightly worried?"

Great fucking journalism, that. You never put words in peoples' mouths like that. FFS.

lets give this guy a chance, its certainly better than giving KJ another 3 months to stifle the players abilities. if this guy don't cut it, i'm sure he'll be quickly moved on. as someone has said before, exciting times ahead for us

The new owners don't give the impression that they are not going to be proactive - if the sale hadn't happened we would be moribund & looking at another season treading water with our head just above the surface.

Their decisions may not all come off as no one can guarantee that, but don't think that they will mess around - if its not working then it will be changed.

I really liked Zenga as a player, he was a legend for Inter and Italy. He speaks good English and if nothing else, has gained experience working for a lot of clubs in a lot of countries. Its a clean slate and we have to get behind him. My heart sank last week when it seemed there may be a chance of going into the season with KJ on a probationary period so now we have the clean sweep we hoped for and I have feeling it won't be dull with Walter around

yeah Zenga was an amazing keeper, dont know how he is as a manager though, time will tell

Fucking BBC and Sky both going with "dreadful start for Zenga".

Yep, dreadful start considering he doesn't start until Monday. Fuckwits

haha, yeah that was Rob Edwards fault + KJ

Fucking BBC and Sky both going with "dreadful start for Zenga".

Yep, dreadful start considering he doesn't start until Monday. Fuckwits

Ten things you didn't know about him...

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...hings-you-need-to-know-about-wolves-new-coach

To save you Googling No.7

Hoara_Borselli.JPG

No.8 may make Tim II quake in his boots.

Back