• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga appointed head coach

I do wonder though how fast he can make his impact here. He's only watching the Swansea game then - then it's already start of the season isn't it? Just a week for Zenga to convey what he wants to the current group of players as well as ones that are still to be signed?

Welcome to the club, Zenga. Very bizarre appointment. I think we need to appoint a CEO relatively quick as it seems to be purely Mendes pulling the strings at present.

Welcome Zenga.

His record doesnt really mean anything to me soo i will give him my full support and hope for good football and a winning mentality in return.

Our new Chinese Overlords know what they are doing and i trust them 100%.

Timing is odd to say the least. Limbo a week before the start of a new season would have been bad so a new manager straight in was essential if a change was to be made. Something has gone wrong since Monday for Jackett. I do however re-iterate that I will be happy with us getting 35 points by Xmas and push on after then. I refuse to get carried away by all the hype. This is still a positive time to be a Wolves fan and I will give the new regime every chance. What I would say is that with such a talented group of young players Zenga may be the character to ensure they stay on the rails.Its the experinced pros he tends to fall out with!

Clean slate for all the players as well - Hause, Iorfa, Wallace and the younger players need to grasp the opportunity & use it to take their careers to the next level. Some players who've been guaranteed a starting place whatever their performance may be in for a shock...

you cant say life as a wolves fan is dull at the moment can you?

At least it was a quick appointment, regardless of how they went about it. That's an improvement on the old regime with knee-jerk reactions and no plan B.

Utter crap. Would you say the same if we'd have appointed the coach of Chasetown Boys Brigade? His record is extremely poor at clubs in leagues worse than Scottish division two. Worst managerial appointment in the last 30 years!

No because he wouldn't be bringing with him a wealth of world cup and top level experience as a player or the vast array of experience Zenga does have as a manager. It's so hard to fathom what a manager truly does day to day and every manager is different, maybe we will be the right club, maybe he will pan. Who knows, how about we give him a chance. This is Jackett being appointed all over again the way some of you are acting.

It's a blog and I've no idea if it's accurate but it seems credible, it's based on his last big job at Sampdoria.

https://doriastyle.wordpress.com/2015/11/09/zenga-making-sampdoria-mediocre/

Positives:

Teams play 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3
Doesn't like wing backs or overly defensive play
Teams are far better attacking at pace and with possession
High goal scoring team
Likes open and attacking play

Negatives:
Can't settle on a formation
Struggles playing people in correct decisions
Odd team selections
No pattern in team selection
Poor defensively and poor in possession when playing defensively.
Cannot play defensive football

If he plays open attacking football it may be that he should be more suited to England than Italy. At least I hope so.

I don't know - go out for the morning as didn't expect anything more to come out till Monday & this happens!!! :hmmm:

Will give him a chance but at least we are being kept awake unlike last season

It's a blog and I've no idea if it's accurate but it seems credible, it's based on his last big job at Sampdoria.

Positives:

High goal scoring team

Negatives:
Odd team selections

If he plays open attacking football it may be that he should be more suited to England than Italy. At least I hope so.
Conflicting information on the net from what I read he likes wing backs and plays counter attacking footy I'll try and find it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Positives:

High goal scoring team

Negatives:
Odd team selections

Given the dullness of our home form last season let us all hope so. I will take a few 3-3 draws over the 0-0 drabs we had served us. At least we will have some fun!

d7b6b47c905d7874869909b0811e1907.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Attacking full backs then in the same way that Pochettino uses Rose/Walker rather than wing backs.

Doherty a shoe-in then.

Don't bring me down on a Saturday morning, man.

I don't think there'll be any tolerance for the shitty end of our squad now Ken's gone. I'll have that as a positive straight away. If Ken had been given the first seven games or whatever then you can bet he'd still have played Edwards somewhere.

In his managerial career, Zenga has a win percentage of 36.8%, a draw percentage of 25.8%, and a loss percentage of 38.0%

A bit underwhelming.

However, I am willing to give him a chance so Walter Zenga, welcome to Wolves.

Wow that was a bit quick. Don't pretend to know anything about him.

It's certainly an interesting time being a wolves fan at the moment.

Back