• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga appointed head coach

Let's see how this all shakes out once the transfer window shuts and Zenga has been in charge for a few games

A very relevant post. Mate of mine who's an Owl said that by the end of the season they were playing really good stuff. No other option that to get behind Walt

I stole it off Twitter, but still. It's a very valid point. Sometimes a manager just needs to be at the right club at the right time.

Let's think about it another way is it possible that the football could be worse than last season?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

We really need to get a grip. Give him a chance, if he doesn't work out I'm sure Fosun will get rid asap. They have said, numerous times, promotion this season or next is the priority.

I stole it off Twitter, but still. It's a very valid point. Sometimes a manager just needs to be at the right club at the right time.

Also as Kenny has pointed out, look at Ranieri. Lost to the Faroe Islands, won the Premier League.

I do find it amusing that the "anyone but Ken" drum was being banged for months and now suddenly it doesn't appeal.

Good choice, in my opinion. He looks a shock and awe type of guy, who'll bring some excitement to the Mol. Shades of John de Wolf.

Carvahal did good things in Portugal with smaller clubs. He took a third division club into Europe, promotion and Euro qualification with Setubal and did a did a solid enough job at Sporting when they were a bit of a mess.

Not particularly bothered about his record. Apart from a few Italian teams he's mainly managed disaster clubs in shite leagues. You can't judge anyone on how they do at clubs like Red Star or Steaua. As for the middle eastern clubs... I suppose it reflects badly on him that he took any of those jobs in the first place but I don't particularly care how well he did there.

Clean slate for me. As long as we get the players in to go with him then I'd much prefer Zenga to Jackett.

We're an ambitious club now so if he doesn't get the results we'll try someone else, it's not a disaster. Worse case scenario is we're playing catch up after Christmas

You can't tell me that as soon as KJ was sacked that they just pulled Zenga's name out of a hat.

Also as Kenny has pointed out, look at Ranieri. Lost to the Faroe Islands, won the Premier League.

I do find it amusing that the "anyone but Ken" drum was being banged for months and now suddenly it doesn't appeal.

Exactly, last week when the new regime took over this was just the sort of thing everyone was crying out for.

Indeed. We should at least give him a run of games before condemning him as rubbish. Perhaps Fosun were willing to work with Ken, but if he didn't agree with the signings/direction the club is going in then he has to go.

Zenga is going to be head coach, focussed specifically on playing style and getting results with the players he's given. It is uninspiring on paper as I said, but we don't know his playing style, his tactics or the situations he may have found himself in at other clubs prior to taking over or the situations that unfolded.

It's hard to be excited when we were linked to Silva and AVB, but I'd take Zenga over an uninspiring run-of-the-mill "safety first" English appointment.

Solbakken had Champions League pedigree and won leagues with FC Copenhagen but he was fucking shit.

You can't tell me that as soon as KJ was sacked that they just pulled Zenga's name out of a hat.

Not at all. This was worked on whilst Kenny was still here but they nearly appointed Lopetegui before he took the Spanish job. He was always on borrowed time.

His replacement at Sampdoria took them down to 15th from 10th when he was in charge. Looks like he plays wing backs and counter attacking football. The more I am reading it seems he has on more than one occasion been a victim of circumstance. Looks like we can all scrap our team prediction for Rotherham and start again.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The amount of pant wetting fucking hell. Give the poor man a chance. He's obviously here for a reason, these men are businessmen and want as much success out of their investment as possible, so let them make the footballing decisions and we can just assess AFTER a ball has been kicked.

Carvahal did good things in Portugal with smaller clubs. He took a third division club into Europe, promotion and Euro qualification with Setubal and did a did a solid enough job at Sporting when they were a bit of a mess.

Zenga did well at Catania and Sampdoria - the chairmen were bonkers. I just fail to believe Morgan and Moxey have flogged us to a kipper who knows nothing about football or Wolves' heritage. They know how much the club meant to SJH. If it turns out to be "Mendes Mafia Out" come Christmas then feel free to say told you so. In my eyes he's had bad luck at clubs or just taken over in mickey mouse leagues in the first place...

We all wanted the Morgan/Moxey/Thelwell/Jackett scheme to be ripped apart. It's happening. It's scary, but it's a step in the right direction. Let's just enjoy the ride.

Glad to see things have calmed down. It could turn out to be an inspirational appointment. What he and the team need is the full backing of the fans.

Unsurprisingly, a team who finished 14th in the Championship with midfield supremo Dave Edwards is not an attractive proposition for names like AVB and Marco Silva. We may have billions, but we need to start doing something with it.

Zenga did well at Catania and Sampdoria - the chairmen were bonkers. I just fail to believe Morgan and Moxey have flogged us to a kipper who knows nothing about football or Wolves' heritage. They know how much the club meant to SJH. If it turns out to be "Mendes Mafia Out" come Christmas then feel free to say told you so. In my eyes he's had bad luck at clubs or just taken over in mickey mouse leagues in the first place...

We all wanted the Morgan/Moxey/Thelwell/Jackett scheme to be ripped apart. It's happening. It's scary, but it's a step in the right direction. Let's just enjoy the ride.

He left Catania to join their biggest rivals...

His spell at Catania is his best spell by a mile and yet they progressed and improved each year for the next four seasons before dropping.

I just can't see anything on his CV that indicates why he should be tasked with managing us.

Back