• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga appointed head coach

some guy on Talksport reckons Kenny didn't want these signings from abroad, if that was true he's sort of forced their hand.
anyway they are asking for Wolves fans to phone in now. They are amazed we haven't gone for Steve Bruce..

If Jeff says its Zenga lets get behind him, it's hard work being a superclub lolz

As an aside, who has his number two been in previous jobs? Gallen has left. I assume Rob Edwards will still be the coach.

Can we announce the £20m man now please....take the heat off poor old Zengy

We know little about him except for stats (which aren't inspiring). Maybe he's been dealt a bad hand at many of the club's he's gone to? I'm sure most of us will give him a chance and I'd point out that Sheffield Wednesdays current manager has a similar record. Someone sees something in him if he was in line for Southampton so it looks like he interviews well anyway!

I'll judge him after a few months. Welcome to the Molineux, Mr Zenga.

not much choice but to go for this really! There have been supposedly terrible appointments that turn out to be inspired so we will see!

Apart from the Porto job, Lopertegui's record as a first team coach was pretty similar

Few things im picking up scouring the net...Mendes and Zenga have close ties so its clearly driven by Mendes. Jackett lasted longer in his Wolves tenure than Zenga has in his last 15 jobs.

Nut case taking over a bunch of inexperienced low quality players who already doesn't have the backing of the fans, a week before the season starts in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. What can possibly go wrong? Pantwetters.

This is how Valencia fans felt when Gary Neville rocked up. I worry massively about who is making the football decisions at the club and whether they are doing it for their own or the clubs best interests. You'd hope Fosun aren't that gullible, but we'll see. On paper it's a joke appointment but obviously I wish him well and hope it's a stroke of genius.

If his English is poor then I think it'll go very wrong, very quickly, hopefully it's good.

Welcome Walter.

His wiki reads like the Leon Clarke of football management but lets give him a chance. He could flourish under the Mendes involvement and just focus on playing. Who knows. I just hope if they have made a mistake they wont allow pride to interfere with rectifying it sharpish.

Imagine hiring somebody who's last job was managing the club who finished bottom of the UAE Premier League. On 7 points.

Oh, wait.

hmmm.

well I did say we just have to go with whatever happens.

Had 12 managerial jobs, lasted more than 16 games..............TWO times!!!!!!

How anyone can even think him remotely qualified for a job at any Championship team is beyond me.

Imagine hiring somebody who's last job was managing the club who finished bottom of the UAE Premier League. On 7 points.

Oh, wait.
He was only there 3 months another baffling one.

Back