• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga appointed head coach

Solbakken came with a star-studded record in Copenhagen with Champions League victories, trophies overseas and so on. We know naff all about his playing/managerial style and how he operates, but his playing record may mean he commands the respect of a lot of the players we're looking at. Let's at least give him a chance, even if he is uninspiring at face value.

Leeds chairman type appointment IMO.

I'm intrigued by this, nothing more or less. Wasn't Pochettino decried when he replaced Adkins? You can use statistics to prove anything so the x% of this and fewer-than-y-games indicate nothing without some more in-depth information and context.

Wonder what his Portuguese is like? Or his English for that matter?

Didn't see that one coming, im working on the basis that he is a better coach than manager and that there is a difference to give myself comfort. Strange appointment but lets see what he can do.

For God's sake give the guy a chance. He may be crap but we have to see what he as to offer.

Utter crap. Would you say the same if we'd have appointed the coach of Chasetown Boys Brigade? His record is extremely poor at clubs in leagues worse than Scottish division two. Worst managerial appointment in the last 30 years!

Hmmm. A stop gap appointment?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'm intrigued by this, nothing more or less. Wasn't Pochettino decried when he replaced Adkins? You can use statistics to prove anything so the x% of this and fewer-than-y-games indicate nothing without some more in-depth information and context.

Chuck in people pissing themselves laughing when Leicester appointed their new manager last Summer.

Indeed. The Middle East doesn't seem like a hotbed of loyalty amongst football managers. Nor does the Italian op flight for that matter! He's managed some real lower league dross in his time so I'm not surprised his win/loss ratio isn't an impressive read.

Very very strange appointment. Very good goalkeeper in his day but that coaching record is very uninspiring.

His track record is pretty poor, worse than KJs record!

Either way, we have to back him now and hope it comes off as an inspired choice. If not then we may have made this season more difficult for us than it should have been with the backing we now have.

Let's give him a chance, like it or not we're stuck with him now

Well at least if he's as bad as his record suggests we can replace him

Gone by the end of September. It's a Saunders-esque appointment.

So the guys that didn't want Bruce, would you want him now LOL

Fucking ell, everyone's been saying how ambitious and determined to succeed this new regime is, give him a fucking chance, he'll be soon gone if he doesn't deliver.

Wonder who's recommended him? Unless he's another pal of Jeffs.

Back