• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves TV

I agree with that - I wouldn't mind if it was straight after the game but wouldn't want to wait 24 hours

I agree with that - I wouldn't mind if it was straight after the game but wouldn't want to wait 24 hours
Of course i would like it straight after the live game if possible

Of course i would like it straight after the live game if possible

Club are restricted on times they can release it thanks to the ace laws and the fact the companies that pay ££ to put on highlights of the league not wanting games shown before they have done their TV Show.

From what was said yesterday i thought you would get full highlights of every game but it reads today like that isn't the case and we will only get it for games where they stream it overseas. Disappointed in that, i'll wait until after the Boro game and see what highlights those that have subscribed can see as i will only be paying to watch the whole game on either the Sunday or Monday.

As far as I understand it, the only games that won't be streamed overseas will be either a) games live on Sky or b) games where Channel 5 have us as the main match. Everything else will be.

Yeah i wasn't sure on that, if that is the case then i'll get it. It will be good to look back at home games and stuff you miss when there and always good to see away games that you can't get to rather than rely on Spiers for ratings.

As far as I understand it, the only games that won't be streamed overseas will be either a) games live on Sky or b) games where Channel 5 have us as the main match. Everything else will be.
And any away games where it isn't possible for the club to stream from....basically any opponent who wants to be arsey and won't let us set up equipment.

So how did WolvesTV coverage go yesterday?

How come Leics. can offer free video coverage but Wolves couldn't?

Nothing stopping us yesterday but obviously we wanted people to physically attend the game if possible.

Which just emphasises why £15 a ticket was a stupid price for a friendly.

Full cameras on the Leicester feed wasn't? And would only be one if it was just via Wolves TV? Not sure

It certainly did.

The problem was with a supplier and affected many teams.

Posted on social media

"Apologies to subscribers to #WolvesTV who were experiencing problems earlier. These were out of our control and are currently being investigated by our providers. We'll provide an update when we have received an explanation about what caused the problems."

Many comments from grumbling fans, saying they're not getting the service they paid for.

Not a good sign for the season proper.

I know distribution of streams is a no no for games this season. But someone was streaming yesterday's game on YouTube. I don't know where the legalities lie there?

Depends who the person streaming it was. The platform is irrelevant.

There was one stupid twat Tweeting Wolves telling them he'd found a stream. Probably not the cleverest thing to be doing.

I know distribution of streams is a no no for games this season. But someone was streaming yesterday's game on YouTube. I don't know where the legalities lie there?

Definitely illegal, but it's down to either the rights holder (in this case the Football League, or iFollow, or the club, or maybe all of them, I'm not sure who has responsibility here) to report it to YouTube to be taken down, or for YouTube to actively search and take down live streams of football if they're illegal. They're very good at automated takedown of some things - music, especially, which is why livestreamers are usually really on it when it comes to making sure they don't accidentally play music they don't have rights to in case it gets their channel blocked - but it always takes time for new types of content to get identified and blocked.

Last season started with plenty of FL games being livestreamed on Facebook, but as time went on clubs became quite good at figuring out where the responsible person was sitting and getting stewards to kick them out. The Premier League has dedicated anti-piracy teams, I imagine the Football League will be setting some of their own up soon if they haven't already.

Back