• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves TV

If it is someone sat in the stand the legalities are just the same as streaming a concert. Massive breach of intellectual property rights.

As Paddy says it's irrelevant where it's being streamed. The content being under copyright is the issue.

Making the stream is illegal by the stream maker. Hosting it is illegal by the platform holder.

If the clubs spot it, then the streams won't last long. If it is a one camera affair from someone's phone it will be pretty bloody simple to work out the seat from which the stream is made, focus the ground security cameras on that seat for proof and remove the perpetrator, and remove their season ticket if appropriate.

You've got to be pretty sad to live stream a match you are attending to watch.

Saying that yesterday I was watching a Scottish match where a couple behind the goal were facing away from the action to take selfies of each other during a penalty shoot out.

There were other streams around too, not just Youtube/Facebook.

Wolves stated that they were streaming this game for non-UK accounts as they will be during the season.

That will surely make it virtually impossible to block non-UK sites from streaming the game and if people in the UK are prepared to watch without English commentary then I'm sure that won't make too much difference.

Bein Sport was showing the match yesterday. When the second half started Wolves TV went down my mate flicked through the sports channels and there it was on Bein, although the picture quality wasn't half as good as Wolves TV.

All Wolves can concentrate on is UK sites really. Saying that personal streaming of camera footage from a phone would be easy to eliminate.

However, I will make this absolutely clear one more time from a TWF point of view. We are a UK site. Streaming of UK football 3pm Saturday live content is illegal in the UK. So offering streams etc etc etc will be dealt with. Just for the avoidance of doubt and in case anyone missed the fucking great sticky on the top of the forum.

All Wolves can concentrate on is UK sites really. Saying that personal streaming of camera footage from a phone would be easy to eliminate.

However, I will make this absolutely clear one more time from a TWF point of view. We are a UK site. Streaming of UK football 3pm Saturday live content is illegal in the UK. So offering streams etc etc etc will be dealt with. Just for the avoidance of doubt and in case anyone missed the $#@!ing great sticky on the top of the forum.

I'm not challenging what you've said in the sticky, but asking those that bought the WolvesTV package how they performed. If I'm to spend £45 or whatever on the main season package, I need to know they will deliver what they promise.

Not impressed at the moment, whoever's fault it is.

The live coverage for £45 will just be audio commentary. That really shouldn't be beyond them as it's what has been offered anyway for the last 15+ years.

The live coverage for £45 will just be audio commentary. That really shouldn't be beyond them as it's what has been offered anyway for the last 15+ years.

That's not all that's been promised though is it? Watching the whole game later is a plus for me. Can they provide that or does the problems they have had already mean they will renege on the deal with more "sorry it's beyond our control" statements.

Nothing suggests they are going to renege from delivery of what was promised.

It's live streaming that has been the issue. Recording a game and hosting it later wouldn't be an issue for anyone to deliver.

Nothing suggests they are going to renege from delivery of what was promised.

See the quote from WolvesTV in post #96.

According to what I'm reading on here and social media there's nothing to suggest from experiences so far, that they are going to be able to deliver what they are promising. Maybe they'll sort it out eventually, and I really hope they do, but so far it's not an attractive proposition.

See the quote from WolvesTV in post #96.

According to what I'm reading on here and social media there's nothing to suggest from experiences so far, that they are going to be able to deliver what they are promising. Maybe they'll sort it out eventually, and I really hope they do, but so far it's not an attractive proposition.
They don't control the streaming part of it but that isn't going to be an issue for you. The games they are going to stream will be recorded. These recordings will be used for the full game showing the following day.

It's live streaming that has been the issue. Recording a game and hosting it later wouldn't be an issue for anyone to deliver.

We don't know that though, do we, as any video of the recording of yesterday's game hasn't appeared yet has it?

We don't know that though, do we, as any video of the recording of yesterday's game hasn't appeared yet has it?
Did they say they would be releasing this game on a full game basis?

See Dan's post above.

At the end of the day, from St Neots you can hardly expect LIVE pictures and audio as that breaches our rules. But there is nothing to suggest so far that full recorded games won't be available (taking into account their caveat about when we are on Sky or game of the day on Channel 5).

Yesterday was the first ever live streaming I am aware of. Wolves went wrong. Leicester also went wrong. It is early days, and I share your hope that the tech can be sorted. I also hope that eventually our archaic rules are changed so that live access to pictures for those in the UK that cannot get to the game is available.

Just watched the 15mins highlights off the LCFC site - even if we only get as far as that would still be a massive improvement on what we have had previously

See Dan's post above.

At the end of the day, from St Neots you can hardly expect LIVE pictures and audio as that breaches our rules. But there is nothing to suggest so far that full recorded games won't be available (taking into account their caveat about when we are on Sky or game of the day on Channel 5).

Yesterday was the first ever live streaming I am aware of. Wolves went wrong. Leicester also went wrong. It is early days, and I share your hope that the tech can be sorted. I also hope that eventually our archaic rules are changed so that live access to pictures for those in the UK that cannot get to the game is available.

Agree with your second paragraph.

I just don't know whether to risk £45, as so far they have had problems.

Back