• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves History Thread

A special Wolves anniversary today as it is one year that since that Guedes free kick vs Gillingham.

Would ask PTS about it but he was on holiday as nothing of note was happening at Wolves at this point in their history

29 years today since one of the great Molineux own goals (also a nonsense penalty given against us, one for those who pretend it was great pre-VAR)

29 years today since one of the great Molineux own goals (also a nonsense penalty given against us, one for those who pretend it was great pre-VAR)

The first Wolves game at Molineux that I took my youngest son to 🤩

7 years today since one of the worst misses I've ever seen from a Wolves player. Jigsaw Mason. God he was shit.

(3 mins in)

He made up for it...kind of

His "effort" in the pre season was something special indeed

How the fuck did that end up 0-0!! ?!

Ronan looked pretty sharp in those clips, he was unlucky really. We sent him on some pretty crap loans after Nuno arrived too

Ronan did his back in mid-Feb and wasn't properly fit when Nuno came in. It was a low bar but when he got injured he was very much one of the bright spots of 2016/17. One of those quirks of fate which meant his Wolves career petered out into nothing.

Walsall deciding whichever shithouses they had in midfield were better when he was there on loan makes me never want to loan them anyone ever again. Except Joe Hodge.

Our own fault when we loaned him to Ken's Portsmouth, you *know* he doesn't understand how to use players like that.

Some classic Lambo "I thought we were excellent" quotes afterwards!

"I think anybody at the stadium saw that we deserved to win. If we walked out of the stadium winning 3-0 I don't think anybody would have questioned it.

"I thought the pressing was fantastic. The game-plan was perfect, other than the goals we deserved to get. Everything about us, the passing, the tempo. I'm just disappointed we've managed not to win.

"It shows you how far we've come. It wasn't that long ago that Sheffield Wednesday came down to our place and beat us quite easily, so the progress we've made is huge."

Yes Paul but it was 0-0 and we're 16th, and we've won 3 out of 9 games since you came in. Maybe dial it down a bit, eh.

A team that has glaring issues right the way through it on the day :D

----------------------------Ikeme-----------------------

Coady-------------Batth----------Stearman------Doherty

-----------------Edwards--------Price-------------------

----------Costa------------Mason---------Ronan---------

--------------------------Bödvarsson-------------------------

Literally not one area of the pitch works properly.

Some classic Lambo "I thought we were excellent" quotes afterwards!

Yes Paul but it was 0-0 and we're 16th, and we've won 3 out of 9 games since you came in. Maybe dial it down a bit, eh.

A team that has glaring issues right the way through it on the day :D

----------------------------Ikeme-----------------------

Coady-------------Batth----------Stearman------Doherty

-----------------Edwards--------Price-------------------

----------Costa------------Mason---------Ronan---------

--------------------------Bödvarsson-------------------------

Literally not one area of the pitch works properly.
I don't think anyone watching that team could have imagined Coady and Doherty would get over 300 PL appearances between them. Funny old game.

I don't think anyone watching that team could have imagined Coady and Doherty would get over 300 PL appearances between them. Funny old game.
Absolutely!

If you tell anyone in January 2017 "in January 2024, one of these players will be playing for Solihull, one will be last seen playing in Canada (not for a MLS team) and one won't have a club", 100% of the respondents are saying Doherty will be one of those and 0% are saying Helder Costa will be.

We were all about to get giddy as well beating an established PL team in the FA Cup

Back