• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves History Thread

Just seems like an odd thing to tease them about given the fact they're a complete clusterfuck

Just seems like an odd thing to tease them about given the fact they're a complete clusterfuck
True, was more a geeky/statto type snipe at them growing up as a Wolves fan at a majority United supporting school in the 90s.

It was all I had.

True, was more a geeky/statto type snipe at them growing up as a Wolves fan at a majority United supporting school in the 90s.

It was all I had.
at one point not so long ago we'd scored more league goals than any other club in the english leagues. I think Utd overtook us and then maybe some more since. Admittedly we'd done that from more games than the big clubs and iirc we were also 4th on goals conceded.

Dunno if this counts, St Luke’s church has been sold for £200k, was being used as an antique shop no idea what it’ll be now

Do you not know many United fans?
Yes. Quite a few. And they have all known that stat for years without it bothering them in the slightest. It’s a well known thing, as it was the last FA Cup Semi at OT before the war and then repairs after it was bombed reduced the capacity slightly.

Dunno if this counts, St Luke’s church has been sold for £200k, was being used as an antique shop no idea what it’ll be now
Really!? I thought it was still just a church.

Was on the Wolverhampton history website, when St Luke’s was built the flooring was in a tiled swastika pattern, got relaid in the mid 30s
historywebsite.co.uk if anyone is interested

Who on Earth would get wound up by that
Utd fans, especially when they say they are the biggest club in the world and I remind them they were not playing when the biggest gate at old Trafford happened

No United fan I have ever met gives even the tiniest percentage of a shit.
I’ve met a couple who have responded that the record will be broken when the next expansion of OT goes ahead which suggests it does irk them a little bit.

Utd fans, especially when they say they are the biggest club in the world and I remind them they were not playing when the biggest gate at old Trafford happened
They might just be the most well known,
I was working in Jakarta years ago and went to a small beach (Interestingly directly overlooking Crakatoa) and daubed on a little bus shelter was MUFC. Even half way around the world in a remote corner you can't get away from the fuckers.
I think graffiti is disgusting.

They might just be the most well known,
I was working in Jakarta years ago and went to a small beach (Interestingly directly overlooking Crakatoa) and daubed on a little bus shelter was MUFC. Even half way around the world in a remote corner you can't get away from the fuckers.
I think graffiti is disgusting.
No, that was for Maidenhead United. They're HUGE over there...

An excellent OG here plus Keith Downing trying to clear the roof of the South Bank

Back