• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves History Thread

Geoff Thomas from <10% of the back of his head is impressive :D

It's Shirtliff behind Froggy, 100%.
Yeah definitely Shirtliff , I remember Greavsie making what would now be some very inappropriate "comedy" comments about Shirtliff's name and me not having a clue what he meant back then.

That has got to be Thomas's hair and his number 8, his stance too 👌

You want your pointless 80s/90s/00s knowledge then you come here. It's of zero value but you'll get an answer off one of us :D

Great series of pics Leeds! I met Frank Taylor's son 20+ years ago when he was in a senior role at Midlands Elec. He told me he used to visit Stan Cullis periodically (Cullis was obv pretty old at the time we spoke as he died in 2001). I lent him the Wolves edition of the World of Football mags I was given by my Uncle and though I think he returned it I must have misplaced it, maybe in a house move, as its the only one missing. #pisser.

as an aside, someone else i've worked with had an Uncle who played in goal for Crewe when Spurs beat them 13-2 in 1960. when i looked up the Crewe edition I did find a reference to the game and a comment presumably from his Uncle on the game. it was "I might have saved the ninth" which I was delighted to pass on to him lol. (he was a Derby County fan).

You know you’re getting old when you can name all those players

For those who like to feel old, it's 19 years today since we sacked Dave Jones.

If true about Old Trafford's biggest crowd, that's a great quiz question

If true about Old Trafford's biggest crowd, that's a great quiz question
Yep, it's true. OT's lowest attendance is for a 2nd division fixture between Leicester and Stockport. Official attendance - 13!

I use it all the time as a quiz Question and also to wind UTD's fans up
early_doors_eddie.jpg

"When is that Wolves v Grimsby at Old Trafford question due?"

Back