• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves History Thread

Bit bizarre this, hadn't heard of it before.

Did any of you go to this game?

Nope . . . went to the replay at Molineux.

I vaguely remember there was some trouble at Exeter but it's over 45 years ago now

I went to Blackpool away around that time and Wolves fans made the national news for the wrong reasons there, too.

I was at that game.

I am not sure of the year, but I think about 1976/77 and it finished 2-2. We were losing 2-1 and the players had to leave the field because of crowd trouble. It was Mike Bailey's last match. He was a great servant for Wolves.

Last edited:
59 mins on here, 26 years ago yesterday. Around 10k away fans (I was one of them).

But the question is, does Big Mixu mean this finish or not?

I didn't mind Carlo, playing him wide was all kinds of stupid of course.

His goal directly after that Wimbledon game vs Bradford is a belter. Then Bully gets his 300th goal with a header from below sea level.

I guess it's the nature of highlights that more attacking players look better than I remember (Robinson) and more defensive players (Curle and Stowell) look worse. But Robinson seems to have a lot more goal involvements than I remember, and his pass to Goodman at Leeds was sublime.

Back