• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good offers already down for players from what I've been told today, no names but we're cracking on!

Sorry I don't have the names myself but probably wouldn't reveal yet anyway even if I did, just because of current circumstances.

Yeah I understand that mate!

I just want something to be officially announced either way - all these rumours aren't helping me sleep.

Fucking hell, I've got butterflies over this.

IF it happens I am gonna be so pleased for our younger fans, who in the world of following teams they see on Sky have continued to support the Wolves who have done nothing in their supporting lifetime. I have the memories (dimly lit) of the 79/80 season when we truly competed thanks to the signing of the late great Emlyn Hughes. Lets just hope that they have the chance to support us as a top 6 Premier Club (I would like the oppurtunity to update my memories).
If it doesnt happen we will still support the mighty Wolves just like the fans who have supported Plymouth for years expecting nothing but hoping for something one day, it can happen Bournemouth proved that but thats just getting there, if this happens it could be much more than another Mick adventure in the prem. Much is said of the 100mil for prem clubs but 3 of them will be relegated at the end of the season regardless.
I live in hope but I wont believe it till it happens!!

That's the video that was floating around last night after I saw the tweet about Cavaleiro. The guy in your video is an agent. A chap on Twitter basically translated it for us -

Segundo Pedro Sousa, Jorge Mendes vai colocar Ivan Cavaleiro, Helder Costa e Pelé are going to Wolves with Lopetegui.

I've had a look and they all look like young lads (Cavaleiro is the only one I know anything about tbf).

Getting promoted in FM17 is going to be more fun than it ever has been!

That's the video that was floating around last night after I saw the tweet about Cavaleiro. The guy in your video is an agent. A chap on Twitter basically translated it for us -

Segundo Pedro Sousa, Jorge Mendes vai colocar Ivan Cavaleiro, Helder Costa e Pelé are going to Wolves with Lopetegui.

I've had a look and they all look like young lads (Cavaleiro is the only one I know anything about tbf).
Ah so it's basically an agent (and I've heard of him - think he's the agent for a shitload of players) touting around his clients?

I would read much into any of that if that's the case.

It has been about 40 years since I saw a Wolves team competing at the top end of what was then Division One. Could it happen again in a few years?

Just read this, apologies if it has already been posted.

Guillem Balague dissects the situation and analyses what the Spanish manager might bring

An audacious Chinese ‘takeaway’ right under the noses of the Spanish FA means that Julen Lopetegui might announced next week as the new manager of Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The expected resignation of La Roja manager, Vicente del Bosque, following Spain’s elimination for the European Championship left a vacancy at the Spanish FA that the federation’s President, Angel Maria Villar was hoping Lopetegui, who won the European Championships with the country’s Under 19 side in 2012 and Under 21s in 2013, could be a candidate. But the English adventure has got a massive pull.

A mixture of politics, hostile press and a section of volatile fans contributed to Lopetegui’s sacking as manager of Porto in January of this year with the club four points off the top of the table and only a week after they had been top of it. By the end of the season, however, the side was a full 15 points adrift of league champions, Benfica.

His return into the Russian roulette world of football management might then see him spurn the ‘Red’ of the national side, opting instead for the ‘Black’ Country that is home to the sleeping football giant that is Wolverhampton Wanderers.

His appointment is inextricably linked to the likely takeover at Wolves by the 47-year-old Chinese internet billionaire Robin Li expected to be announced shortly. Mr Li, or to give him his Chinese name, Li Yanhong is the founder of the Chinese search engine Baidu, and currently thought to be the seventh richest man in China with a wealth estimated at around £10.5 billion. So in the world of football that is considered the biggest Chinese football investor in the world.

Am I the only one, whilst excited at the prospect of being owned by a mega uber rich man, who is kind of thinking "classic foreign ownership balls up"? Install a coach from outside the country and fill the squad with players who have no idea about the Championship. This Division isn't really a chuck every penny at it one, you require a proper team to get out of it. Not individuals or names but a squad that plays together. #pissingonthatbonfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back