• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolton Owner Eddie Davies writes off £170M debt owed to him by the club.

Fair play.

I'd imagine that's like you, maybe, and I writing the 50p off ya borrowed ya mate for the bus 10 years ago. But fair play

He's made a reasonable portion of that £170m back in interest payments. He's lost a lot of course, but then don't run a wage bill at 90%+ of turnover when you're in the Premier League if you're bothered about losing money.

I am sure one of the stumbling blocks for Cahill to Chelsea was that he was already on 60k a week and Chelsea didn't want to initially go above that. Even if only part true thats insane.

Mark Davies didn't go to Sheff Wed because of wages. Reportedly on £35k a week. And he signed a new contract after relegation as well, so it's not even legacy stuff.

I am sure one of the stumbling blocks for Cahill to Chelsea was that he was already on 60k a week and Chelsea didn't want to initially go above that. Even if only part true thats insane.

shows you how much others have put into their clubs. it's insane because it's hardly sustainable, juts a giveaway - you just hope the guys putting their money in realise what they're doing. really each club has to have a wage cap that can allow them to compete without breaking the owner or the club in respect of bank loans. it's particularly cack when there's not a significant reduction in salary when a relegation occurs - that seems to have vanished from many contracts. player power?

Glenn Hughes off again on Twitter..

"Steve Morgan do you see what you have done to my ~our Beloved football club WWFC ? You are no longer welcome at Molineux 👁 no joke"

Pretty much confirming that he's not in the race then.

It's a shame the fans have been on at Morgan, he was good for the club.

Now we see a Owner who is not that bothered so can't be arsed to sack the plank in charge of the team

More to the point Moxey appears to actually subscribe to his train of thought.

There is no sense of leadership or respect anywhere in this club.

I would be known as pro-Moxey to many, although to me I am just not one to place blame at him once it goes wrong on the pitch (which at least 60% of the time, is the case) however he undoubtedly needs to go. Without any question.

The sacking of KJ would actually draw attention away from what is happening in the higher echelons.

I've re-read and digested that blog, particularly Moxeys astonishing comments and those of this bloke he seems to have found in some American self help cult.
So it seems we should blindly support the club but accept we're always going to be shit and the powers that be at Wolves have no plans to change that! To me, and I speak as someone who has generally been ambivalent to Moxey, this shows a complete failure to understand football fans. When I turned up at Blackburn in August I was hoping we'd be promoted this season (or at least come close). I understood we most probably wouldn't but if I start a season not caring and just turning up cos 'grandad did' I won't be there. I'd also add that if we're abandoning hopes of success it would be nice if we played attractive football, instead of the current Sunday league dross.
Basically fuck off Moxey you utter, utter cretin.

What I'd like to know is what has been missed out of the minutes from previous meetings. If Ben kept notes of all meetings then I assume he'll be able to spill the beans.

For as many years as I remember the Wolves have always found inspiration from somebody else. The list of clubs that we should supposedly emulate is very long - Barnsley, Reading, Swansea ... and now Leicester. Funnily enough we always love the clubs that have risen but forget them when they drop.

The club badly needs people who can identify with the supporters and in this day and age when money is absolute god you can see where a 'Moxey' would give people like Morgan a hard on. Morgan is totally misguided and out of his depth but I praise the guy for meaning well and I doubt Moxey is the Anti-Wolf - far from it. Sadly both of them cannot ever create an identity and they are lost in the mist somewhere. We are the Wolves and our love knows NO division. They will never get that ... Moxey is an outsider and his efforts and free thinking belong as a CEO of a Basketball Team. He'd do fab in the U.S of A but in the Black Country he is completely null and void. This bollocks with this Ryan fella positively illuminates everything that is wrong.

There's a good watch on YouTube called Bully Bully - it's base, simple and no frills but it's Wolves. Our fit into the Greed League age needs to be precise, it needs to be thought out and above everything else it needs people who are insiders. I read the Millwall book a while ago and I am totally convinced that KJ is the right man at this very time. I thought him weak but in recent weeks I make him as tough as Iron. There has to be change above him and it needs to happen right now.

Good successful football will mask certain things that are wrong with the club and ultimately we are doomed to fail if they aren't put right.

but if I start a season not caring and just turning up cos 'grandad did' I won't be there

Mine wasn't & nor was my Dad - I have a very short physical association with Wolverhampton, but one that ocurred during my formative years which has given me a lifetime of support (and some pain) for this team - I really don't fit into his view of the club at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back