• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get past the fact that 20 k watching each week and 8 m profit last year with a tight wage structure must make us worth a speculative punt. Hell Morgan if he gets 30 mil lost fuck all despite going to league one and 2 relegations. Add to that premiere league money 4 times bigger than when we were there and its not doom and gloom is it

No it doesn't. There is no speculative punt. Say we get up. BRILLIANT! 100 MILLION! WOOP WOOP!!

And 19 other clubs we are now directly competing with have the same £100m. So if I take my profit out, what happens? Oh yeah, we go down.

That profit is the result of creative accounting, we didn't make a profit of £8m (nor did we lose £33m in 2012/13). We made an operating loss of just under £2m in the last set of accounts revealed. There might be a small profit in the accounts which should be published next month, possibly cancelling out that loss in 2013/14.

As I've mentioned on other threads today, next year you are looking at an immediate shortfall of £8-10m as our parachute money runs out.

The increase in revenue will be balanced by the increase in 'cost of sales' if you like. Players wages and purchases will all fall in line with the new income stream. We do not operate in a bubble and will be competing with all the other clubs. Football clubs operate within a highly competitive market, where there are many rivals all vying for the market share.

If anything it will increase the risk of owning a club due to the potential increase of liability an owner could expose themselves to.

Precisely. And that is why Villa is so hard to sell. You, as a prospective buyer are taking on all the risk, and the upside is just about staying level. The "punt" is a fallacy, even at the league below, as all that lovely profit will be eaten up in striving to be competitive.

There are at the latest guestimate figures 1,645 world billionaires. Not many of them seem to be diving into premier league or championship football. And the reason is simple. IT DOESNT PAY.

I heard somehwere that when you become rich, you buy a yacht. Not because you like them, but because they do nothing but cost ridiculous money, and to have one shows everyone how much money you have to waste. The bigger the yacht, the bigger the pile of cash you are throwing away.

With the insanely rich, the ultimate expression of wealth is not a yacht, or even a fleet of very big yachts, but a Premier league team, by owning one you are expressing how disgustingly rich you are by being able to waste so much cash.

(Of course you could also be laundering drug money, raising you public profile to make any assassination attempt much more expensive, or have recently been deposed as Prime Minister of your impoverished Nation, by their Army and wish to clean all the money you stole from said impoverished Nations public finances through a football club)

In an interview with Midlands Today Morgan states that 'there is no update, we're not in firm talks with anybody'

In an interview with Midlands Today Morgan states that 'there is no update, we're not in firm talks with anybody'

To be fair though Lupo, I would expect the same answer if the sale was pending for tomorrow morning, particularly with how Wolves choose to operate.

Very true, we're not ones for bleating about upcoming deals, the same with transfers. I am interested to know if Morgan's shock reappearance is for any reason or if he just fancied a game whilst in town. Or maybe he was taking advantage of the half price ticket offer!

That Way Youth Zone he's been involved in had its grand opening, so he was in the city.

???

0984bfb01c1b743450536988db22a155.jpg

That would be so fucking cool.

Believe it when I see it though...

Interesting that Kemsley is a business who has worked for Spurs (if wikipedia is to be believe) - but does seem like a wind up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back