• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a weird kind of way I hope we do get taken over by some foreign billionaire who is bat $#@! mental who tries to sign Messi and Ronaldo in week one and claims we will win the Premier league within three years in week two. We've tried the sensible, young and hungry method and tried to play nicely and where has that gotten all of us? Bored rigid pretty much.
So if you can't win, join 'em?

May we live in interesting times?!

Personally I think the past 7 years or so have been pretty exciting, it's just that this year is a let down. I'd rather an owner who had a history of watching and being involved in football, but they are pretty rare!

I tend to agree with this. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I like to see success earned properly. Do I want us to establish ourselves in the Prem like Stoke and Palace? Of course. Do I want us to get there by buying players for £10m in the Championship? No, not really. I'd rather do it by paying Grays 25k and discovering a gem like Kightley. As I say, maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic because it's NYE

I'm the same. I refuse to look back and universally slate Morgan.

Sure he's fucked up, but there's been some great times

We had a brilliant promotion season and two excellent seasons in the top flight before the third season disaster. Sure it hasn't all been roses since but this is the first season since mick's second that it has been dull.

Idealistically speaking I would agree but what has happened in the Morgan years is that the world of football has really changed. Average players are millionaires. The place at the top table requires you however to pay top dollar to get the rewards. I would love more Vardys and Kightlys but in truth players at the top get hunted at about 10 ( Rooney) and snapped up. We have invested in our youth policy and it will bear fruit but I doubt it will bear a whole team capable of sustaining life in the premier league. Add to that there is still a technical superiority in foreign footballers hence why so many play in the premier league and therefore you would need a scouting network about 20 times the sizer of ours to make any sort of dent. I know I bang on about a billionaire philanthropist but only because I see NO OTHER way of getting to the top and staying there nowadays.
On the football front its been a rollercoaster decade. We have at times overachieved and then underachieved. I dont slate Morgan as a man or a chairman but I do think he missed a trick this year. Moxey needs a change and we need some new ideas so the timing is right for all. The right Billionaire ( and Ding Lei is ticking a hell of a lot of good boxes) will only benefit the long term strategy of Wolverhampton Wanderers. A top class premier team will also help investment in the town. An expanding growth employer looking to hire more staff as the success increases will only help the town . I know champions league is a pipe dream I want sustained premier league first -but 10 years ago Swansea, Palace , Leciester, Bournemouth, Southampton Norwich, Watford fans would only have dreamt about what is happening to their clubs or has happened in that time. Bournmoth up from tier 4, Swansea cup winners and euro football, Norwich and Southampton back from tier 3 , Leicester challenging for the title, Watford ALMOST safe from relegation at Christmas, Stoke cup finalist with some really talented individuals from world football playing for them.

No I am sorry I have to cut my cloth to suit and whilst I would love a home grown team built up from the ground I want us to be right up there so Bill Ding start building with good investments in quality and depth and get us up there asap. Happy New Year guys! Hope all our dreams come true

Probably won't win universal approval but I'd be more than happy to see a Sheikh Mansour type buy us, spend an obscene amount of money and have us challenging top four Premier League and Champions League within six or seven years.

Probably won't win universal approval but I'd be more than happy to see a Sheikh Mansour type buy us, spend an obscene amount of money and have us challenging top four Premier League and Champions League within six or seven years.

I just walked past Molineux at the corner of North Bank and Steve Bull stand and thought why didn't we carry on what we started. Another couple of decades of a lopsided stadium with the Championship football to go alongside - NO THANK YOU
Welcome Mr Lei, or similar, with open arms. Times move on in everything - remember when athletics was a amateur sport and didn't have the millionaire stars of today. When Goodyear was one of the biggest, and well paid, employers in Wolves. Bushbury had a wealth of pubs and a senior school and a swimming baths etc etc etc. I once upon w time not so long ago used to say I'd hate to go to a Wolves match where we had a glut of Johnny Foreigner' playing for us. No not anymore time to go with the flow and move on - I'm all for it

Sure he's fucked up, but there's been some great times

I'm genuinely disappointed that it didn't work out for Morgan. I could see what he was trying to do with developing the infrastructure around the club. To be fair all was pretty much going according to plan before it very quickly began to unravel and for whatever reason he was never really able to arrest the slide. A shame that although he moved us forward off the pitch he wasn't able to do the same on it.

Anyway, I'm ready for a fresh approach, someone with new ideas and a different way of doing things.

I am of the opposite view to sugar daddies, I'm not interested in them. All I want is smart people in place in the boardroom and on the side of the pitch making very smart decisions which take the club forward over time.
I never want Wolves to sell their soul for short term rewards and hope that some day the club is in part under fan ownership.

Sure he's $#@!ed up, but there's been some great times

Mmm - please define great times - I'm struggling to recall anything that could be defined as great resulting from Morgan's ownership. Maybe that's just because i'm old and have lived through times of real achievement followed by justifiable expectation and yet more achievement??

Promotion as Champions? Successfully staying up for two seasons? Beating all of the big guns bar Arsenal?

Not to be sniffed at really.

Best time in my 30+ years supporting wolves, except, perhaps 88.

Best time in my 30+ years supporting wolves, except, perhaps 88.

This!

It may not have been fun getting relegated but the past few years have been a heck of a ride! Whilst it may not equate to the Wolves of yesteryear, it equated to football of a far better time than watching Steve Corica!

Even dropping into league 1 gave us a record points total and lots of goals to watch, and that is someone I find more exciting than stagnation in any league (prem or championship).

When reflecting on Morgan's tenure at the helm of the club, the overriding feeling I have is one of missed opportunity. For varying reasons, some Morgan's fault, some not, we failed to cement a place in the Premier when the hard task of surviving the first season was successfully navigated.
That in itself must seriously piss Morgan off, because he is a man who is not used to failure.

Well i've been following and watching Wolves since 1957 (my first game) and it's been a roller coaster ride that went deep underground and out into space in that time.

I've loved it all, or most of it (fucking Bhatti's), but in my twilight years i would like to see some of the old glory return to Molineux.

I don't think Morgan was all that bad, but he was no billionaire, and took the home grown/ re build the club from outside in route, as possibly his only sensible choice.

The massive changes that have come in my time supporting Wolves including changing playing styles and formations, refurbished grounds, rule changes, and of course the even more obscene money both players and clubs will get next year courtesy of TV coverage, simply doesn't look like coming to a halt anytime soon, so a billionaire is not just a nice idea, it's essential.

I thought we were past all that 'wimabigclub' nonsense.

Seriously, what gives us a divine right to be in the top tier? I've followed the Wolves for a quarter of a century and in that time we've achieved only slightly more than, say, a club like Bournemouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back