• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
What position in the league were we when SJH sold the club to Steve Morgan? What position are we now?

August 9th 2007, when the takeover was formally completed, Wolves were bottom of the Championship.(Alphabetical Order)
The season started on August 11th and Wolves lost 2-1 at home vs Watford putting Wolves 18th in the table... Immediate improvement under Morgan ;)

We have got an absolutely world class academy now for a start.

August 9th 2007, when the takeover was formally completed, Wolves were bottom of the Championship.(Alphabetical Order)
The season started on August 11th and Wolves lost 2-1 at home vs Watford putting Wolves 18th in the table... Immediate improvement under Morgan ;)

I remember that game - live on telly I think? I was in the South Bank. McCarthy was livid with Bothroyd for turning his back to the wall when Watford scored a free kick, and Morgan was given a STANDING OVATION when he was introduced to the crowd.

This for its pedantic brilliance is my post of the year :D

What does this have to do with anything?

Possibly stating that boardroom decisions involving the first team (Managers, coaches, recruitment) have had negligible positive impact on where Wolves find themselves at the beginning and end of Steve Morgans tenure.

On the field we are in a no better position than when we he took over, but any fan that doesn't appreciate that building infrastructure off the field is an important part of football nowadays is being very short-sighted.

On the field we are in a no better position than when we he took over, but any fan that doesn't appreciate that building infrastructure off the field is an important part of football nowadays is being very short-sighted.

Most fans will tell you the people in charge of the club are judged by their first team position.

If Steve Morgan had made better strategical decisions along the way its not beyond reason to think that Wolves would have enjoyed more Premier league football and within that grown the infrastructure because of that added wealth.

I would say that's the thing Steve Morgan should be remembered for, his infrastructure improvements. We are in an infinitely better club now than we were when he arrived.

If Steve Morgan had made better strategical decisions along the way its not beyond reason to think that Wolves would have enjoyed more Premier league football and within that grown the infrastructure because of that added wealth.

None of us really know if he's a dictator of an owner or lets his CEO run the club. If he's the dictator he's got it wrong, if he lets his CEO run the club then Moxey has failed. In reality it is probably a mix of the two and they've both failed with key strategic decisions around the first team.

I agree - but not as good as we should have been after 8 years and x million pounds. The fault of which cannot be solely blamed on Morgan.

I think this is spot on. I'm not sure many fans do though.

I agree - but not as good as we should have been after 8 years and x million pounds. The fault of which cannot be solely blamed on Morgan.

I think if a large proportion of 85 million of anyones money had been spent badly they would lose heart in the project. Successive managers and the clubs CEO have taken away much of Steve Morgans initial enthusiasm because of this abuse.

I think if a large proportion of 85 million of anyones money had been spent badly they would lose heart in the project. Successive managers and the clubs CEO have taken away much of Steve Morgans initial enthusiasm because of this abuse.

Yes - and as we keep seeing spouted online, it's very easy to spend someone else's money.

Yeah, agree. Solbakken was a bold risk that backfired. Saunders was just downright stupidity and his lowest ebb.

Solbakken was the right type of appointment and showed a bit of vision from the board, but hindsight will tell a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back