• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first big story as Wolves reporter and he's letting himself down big time.

No real news from the press conference (the E&S Periscope feed has cut off now they're at questions from the floor).

- Variety of reasons he stepped down
- Jez pushing "£85m" transfer spending under Morgan (as I showed the other day the net figure is around £35m)
- Appreciate it will take time to sell, club will not be issuing regular updates
- Emphasising charity/community work Morgan does
- Abuse from fans not a direct factor, sad though if those with big gobs and empty minds* have contributed to this
- Club in a solid off field position as when previously up for sale

*My emphasis rather than Jez's words, pretty obvious what he meant though.

The E&S had comments enabled on the feed and we have some monumentally thick people who follow (I won't say support) our club. Cunts.

No real news from the press conference (the E&S Periscope feed has cut off now they're at questions from the floor).

- Variety of reasons he stepped down
- Jez pushing "£85m" transfer spending under Morgan (as I showed the other day the net figure is around £35m)
- Appreciate it will take time to sell, club will not be issuing regular updates
- Emphasising charity/community work Morgan does
- Abuse from fans not a direct factor, sad though if those with big gobs and empty minds* have contributed to this
- Club in a solid off field position as when previously up for sale

*My emphasis rather than Jez's words, pretty obvious what he meant though.

The E&S had comments enabled on the feed and we have some monumentally thick people who follow (I won't say support) our club. Cunts.

I think the £85m has been used to show he has spent money at the club (not his own but sanctioned them) as there seems to be a lot of people thinking we have spent 8 years signing freebies on 1p a week and selling anything thats half decent.

The comments on the Periscope feed were unreal.

Oh and whats the betting the E&S go with the "Jez says Careful what you wish for" in dig at fans

What did we learn about the prezzer?

1. Some of our fans are cunts
2. Some journalists are cunts
3. Erm.... nothing much else.

We already knew points 1 and 2 so really, it's 'as you were'.

Q: Reported abuse at Preston game. Was that tipping point?
JM: "Steve did have words with people after the game. That's part and parcel of game, Steve knows and understands that. Not the reason."

Q: Had he fallen out of love with the supporters?
JM: "He never said anything of the sort to me. It's a cumulative decision that he's been considering for some time."

Moxey did say "It was 'unfortunate' if 'vitriol' was behind Morgan's decision." but it would be 1 of many reasons rather than the main reason.

Moxey did say "It was 'unfortunate' if 'vitriol' was behind Morgan's decision." but it would be 1 of many reasons rather than the main reason.

That was basically it, and a variant of 'empty vessels make the loudest noise'. Which is right.

Honestly, there's a section of our support that I wish would just fuck off forever. The whiniest, neediest, most idiotic set of supporters in the country.

Amazingly, the E&S have finally said "Morgan paid a nominal £10 but invested £30m as part of the sale". It seems to have actually sunk in.

That last line is very telling and great to hear
"Saying that he is not after a quick sell. Whoever buys it (eventually, they know it could take a long time) will need very deep pockets to fund and run the club AFTER the purchase from Morgan and they will be seeking the right buyer, not just the first one."

Excellent

agree. that intention is all you can ask from an outgoing owner. whether it's what we get and is even feasible is another matter.

That was basically it, and a variant of 'empty vessels make the loudest noise'. Which is right.

Honestly, there's a section of our support that I wish would just fuck off forever. The whiniest, neediest, most idiotic set of supporters in the country.

Tim II is going to hang on to the Preston abuse though, despite Moxey saying a very amount small fans approached Morgan before the game

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 8m8 minutes ago
Also no real reason given why Morgan wasn't there. Seems that he's just said 'enough is enough'. Saturday's abuse surely a factor

New FACKT folks.

I liked Spiers when he first got the gig and found some of his opinion pieces quite refreshing versus Tim Mk1, but it's clear that he has either decided or been told what route to go down on this one. It's shoddy journalism playing to the element of our fans who are lacking intellectual horsepower

Their level of intellectual ability isn't really what the E&S care about. Their proclivity to click on the website or part with the daily cover price is what matters, and this style of reporting obviously sells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back