• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 77, fair to say his days of owning clubs are probably over.

So the Press Conference will it be

A) new owner in talks
B) Jez is buying
C) Jez is quitting
D) Stevie M has changed his mind
E) something boring that tells us nothing new.

CEO Jez Moxey will face media tomorrow to answer questions following Monday's announcement that Steve Morgan is stepping down as Chairman.

From @officialWolves

Love this bit.

"I hope it doesn't go to a foreign owner, I want it to be local, get a local business firm in and get them to take it over.

Fuck you Carver's, you think you can sell timber all fucking day. We're going to make you run Wolves.

It's the same with shirt sponsorship deals, people seem to think we choose who we want to sponsor/buy us as they fit our romantic idea of Wolves (or in the case of Duracell, their bunnies wear Wolves colours), approach them and they say ok, here's a cheque for a amount of money and hey presto!

Remember last time that double glazing bloke from Wolverhampton who had made £10m in business and they were seriously suggesting he would mount a takeover!!

Deutsch, that makes me feel a little better about his potential valuation of the club. Morgan will be leaving the club in similar fashion to as he found it. I think that's the difference between him and Lerner/Pence. He'll likely just want to recoup his money and probably couldn't care less about turning a profit on the sale. As you said, he makes millions in much easier ways.

The club is in a much better state than when he took it over. It was wholly reliant on a benefactor, no it isn't. In modern football that is huge.

A few snippets:

Morgan has decided he's had his time and has decided to pass it on to someone else. He's a sensitive chap and has had enough of negative press and fan opinion. It's not a nice feeling being hated by so many I guess.
It's nothing to do with health or abuse at Preston, he's just figured he's done 8 years and he wants to take some stress and everyday pressure away and enjoy family life a bit more with his new partner and all his children.

Saying that he is not after a quick sell. Whoever buys it (eventually, they know it could take a long time) will need very deep pockets to fund and run the club AFTER the purchase from Morgan and they will be seeking the right buyer, not just the first one.

That's just a bit of info I've had from the last day or so.

Nothing ground-breaking I know but out the blue for everybody, including the rest of the board

That last line is very telling and great to hear
"Saying that he is not after a quick sell. Whoever buys it (eventually, they know it could take a long time) will need very deep pockets to fund and run the club AFTER the purchase from Morgan and they will be seeking the right buyer, not just the first one."

Excellent

That last line is very telling and great to hear
"Saying that he is not after a quick sell. Whoever buys it (eventually, they know it could take a long time) will need very deep pockets to fund and run the club AFTER the purchase from Morgan and they will be seeking the right buyer, not just the first one."

Excellent

The deep pockets thing is a key for me. We may be able to survive financially in our current position but it will take somebody bankrolling transfer fees and wages if we are looking to spend to reach the Premier League.

The deep pockets thing is a key for me. We may be able to survive financially in our current position but it will take somebody bankrolling transfer fees and wages if we are looking to spend to reach the Premier League.

That's the same with any business though Sniffer, if you want to grow then you must fund expansion. In this case wages and transfer fees. It does mean that Wolves will have to survive by selling first. Much like the end of the SJH era.

Seems odd to put the club up for sale publicly at this time, but I understand his reasons for doing so. I'd have thought they could seek buyers privately first, and maybe they have but if GFFH is right it seems to be a shock to all.

The difference to last time is that £30m is a lot of money in itself, but because Sir Jack essentially donated everything back to Wolves, all that money was immediately available for the club to spend. This time the new buyer has to fund buying the club off Morgan (for whatever fee he wants) and then commit extra funds on top, then more funds if we're still stuck in this league, and so on.

Nearly the first question Jez was asked.

"Did Steve actually put in the £30m that he said he would when he bought the club for £10?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back