• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I know a lot of our fans don't care, but Morgan has been good for Wolverhampton as a city, which the same commitment may disappear with a new owner.

That's a good point, I do think he's worth more to the city than the club. You can't knock him for the work he has put in and the football club must be a bit of a millstone round his neck right now. I can understand why he has gone and he isn't stupid enough to go and lose on his investment.

I'm not sure on cash flow, if Jez is as good as people think he is I would think he would manage this well enough. I think the club losing its personal guarantee form Morgan could land them with very limited transfer dealings until the club is sold though.

Why? Any new owner would look at what he's done for the club financially and think 'this bloke's alright at balancing the books' and would probably keep him on unless they have their own CEO they want to bring in. People thought it was the end of Moxey when Sir Jack put the club up for sale but he's still here.

I would think a new owner would bring a new CEO and the club needs one now as Moxey has been in one position too long and it is generally considered unhealthy for an organisation to have a CEO too long at the helm. A person with new ideas, you would hope, would breathe fresh life into the club and the way it's run. For the better of course.

fans branded his decision to sell the club a mistake

I thought their Poll had over 60% saying it was a good move and piss off Steve?

Why are they persisting with this "he only paid £10 for the club" shite? It was £10 as long as he put £30m into the club so £30m & £10!

Because a lot of fans don;t believe he put the £30m in, so it keeps the angry reader....errrm angry

Is there some screen shot knocking around of the accounts with the £30m in the balance sheet?

Is there some screen shot knocking around of the accounts with the £30m in the balance sheet?

Facts mean nothing to them and then backed up with "if he did he took it back out to build some houses"

I read some of that article earlier and completely despaired.

The E&S is becoming to newspapers, what Dean Saunders is to football management.

I read some of that article earlier and completely despaired.

The E&S is becoming to newspapers, what Dean Saunders is to football management.

BECOMING? They are an appalling rag

I suppose, playing devils advocate, if you brought a car for x amount, put y amount of fuel in it, your car will still only be worth x amount ??

Nb. please don't assume I'm on the side of the mouth breathers :(

The easiest way to break the 2007 deal to the hard of thinking is thus:

Steve Morgan bought Wolves from Sir Jack Hayward for £30,000,010. Sir Jack immediately donated £30,000,000 back to Wolves on a non-refundable basis.

Now, Steve Morgan is completely within his rights to recoup that £30m investment, as anyone would with any material purchase they've made that they subsequently wish to dispose of. At what point has he ever said that he would give the club away when the time came for him to go? On what level would that make any sense?

Leaving aside the fact that our market value almost certainly is below £30m - given global financial factors and the current standing of the club, along with established Premier League clubs also currently being for sale - so he's going to do well to break even, let alone make money. And if he really did want to make a bit of cash, there are infinitely easier ways for a man like Steve Morgan (£6m personal dividend from Redrow Plc last year alone) to do it than buying a football club for £30m, owning it for eight years in a relatively hands on fashion, then trying to sell it for more money to someone else. After it's been relegated twice this decade.

Somebody will have downloaded the accounts with that detail on. You can download it for free from various sources if you were so inclined.

Somebody will have downloaded the accounts with that detail on. You can download it for free from various sources if you were so inclined.

I'm not. #notpaidtoknowaboutfinance

Deutsch, that makes me feel a little better about his potential valuation of the club. Morgan will be leaving the club in similar fashion to as he found it. I think that's the difference between him and Lerner/Pence. He'll likely just want to recoup his money and probably couldn't care less about turning a profit on the sale. As you said, he makes millions in much easier ways.

The camera on my phone is shit, but

531348e9f99c2a077835d15738feffe6.jpg

The key bits are '£30,000,000' and 'Paid up in cash'.

Fucking hell - Jez hosting a press conference tomorrow at 11.00 to discuss the sale.

Really hope he's not announcing he's done a deal...

What;s Milan Mandaric up to these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back