• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what to make of all of this.

I thank Mr. Morgan for his service to the club, which he has mightily screwed up at times but with the best interests of Wolves in his heart.

Now I just hope that there's some rich man/woman out there who finds the idea of awakening the Old Gold Giant to be romantic enough to pour money in with no expectation of getting money out.

Morgan should put us up for sale before every match!

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/...or-sale-morgans-made-the-wrong-move-say-fans/

:icon_lol:

Some of these are just magnificent. My personal favourite:

"I think he's stupid myself, he shouldn't be selling the club. I don't know what the reason is but if it's anything to do with fans saying get your cheque book out I've got no sympathy for him. The fans are right, he needs to get his cheque book out, he needs to buy players.

"It is the wrong choice, he should stick it out.

Not sure what to make of all of this.

I thank Mr. Morgan for his service to the club, which he has mightily screwed up at times but with the best interests of Wolves in his heart.

Now I just hope that there's some rich man/woman out there who finds the idea of awakening the Old Gold Giant to be romantic enough to pour money in with no expectation of getting money out.

If the club have been put up for sale in the best interests of Wolves then its the right move.

I'm still worried. I don't ee the good in this situation, unless we get lucky and get the "right" buyer.

As I have repeatedly said, I am no Morgan fan, but being up for sale is hardly anything to celebrate. If we were being bought, well that's a different scenario. But we aren't.

I'm still worried. I don't ee the good in this situation, unless we get lucky and get the "right" buyer.

As I have repeatedly said, I am no Morgan fan, but being up for sale is hardly anything to celebrate. If we were being bought, well that's a different scenario. But we aren't.

Yep, I quite agree.

I almost laughed out loud on the train when I heard someone say - rather excitedly - that he was delighted Morgan had been sacked and that it was brilliant news for the club.

Yep, I quite agree.

I almost laughed out loud on the train when I heard someone say - rather excitedly - that he was delighted Morgan had been sacked and that it was brilliant news for the club.

And this is the problem. There's too many fans stuck with this "Morgan Out Moxey Out" philosophy. That comment you've shared says it all.

You know you can want the owner to leave and CEO gone without being stupid. (For the record I didn't want Morgan to put us up for sale but selling us isn't the end of the world you would have us believe).

I've wanted Moxey gone since our Premier League relegation because I don't think he's good for the club anymore or has the vision to take the club beyond a yo-yo club.

You know you can want the owner to leave and CEO gone without being stupid. (For the record I didn't want Morgan to put us up for sale but selling us isn't the end of the world you would have us believe).

I've wanted Moxey gone since our Premier League relegation because I don't think he's good for the club anymore or has the vision to take the club beyond a yo-yo club.
Absolutely. But you're not what I was referring to!

Wanting Morgan gone is stupid, wanting someone to buy the club isn't.

Wanting Morgan gone is stupid, wanting someone to buy the club isn't.

Why is wanting Morgan gone stupid? He's been a pretty average chairman so him leaving the club is no bad thing. The club is self sustaining as it is and he really doesn't offer anything to the club unless he puts in added investment, which he doesn't. So why is wanting him gone stupid?

Why is wanting Morgan gone stupid? He's been a pretty average chairman so him leaving the club is no bad thing. The club is self sustaining as it is and he really doesn't offer anything to the club unless he puts in added investment, which he doesn't. So why is wanting him gone stupid?

Because wanting him to leave the club without having an alternate is stupid. It's worse than what a lot of our fans have accused Morgan of during his tenure, which is reacting without having a plan in place.

There's a high percentage on social media (Haven't spoke to too many in the real World yet) that thinks Morgan is leaving is good. How can something possibly be good until you know what the final outcome will be?

I think having Jez as CEO and Chairman will not last long and agree with many that he will be gone when/ if a new buyer is found. However until that point I do not understand why people want Steve Morgan at the club if he wasn't doing anything but the ceremonial role anyway. The owners of Spurs are silent so why shouldn't Morgan be? That way we can just hate on Jez :)

I know you're on about the idiots who think an owner is there to perpetually put their hands in their pockets and it amazes me these mouth breathers actually function at all let alone manage to get themselves to a football stadium. Asking for an owner to go because they wont put their hands in their pockets is just ignorant rather than out and out stupid.

If somebody can explain to me the benefit of Steve Morgan being attached to Wolves then I'm all ears.

In the situation as of Monday, it appears to be purely paying the bills in places where the self-sufficiency isn't adding up. I can't see him being particularly keen to finance further loan additions. I mean, why would he?

Judging by the accounts I thought the club was self-sufficient? It's taken a while to get there but fair play to the board for doing that, not many clubs could achieve that.

As for further loans, I agree that would be daft.

Judging by the accounts I thought the club was self-sufficient? It's taken a while to get there but fair play to the board for doing that, not many clubs could achieve that.

As for further loans, I agree that would be daft.

Although the club is self sufficient in terms of P&L, I'm not sure it is self sufficient from a cashflow forecast and this may well be where one of the problems will lie.

If Morgan put the club up for say £30 million, there may be a consortium or an individual that can scrape together the £30m, but the chances are the club will end up with cashflow issues even if making a profit. That in turn will mean loans will need to be taken out to keep the club at status que.

I'm sure you are aware that any super rich owner will never happen as they would buy a PL club before they even looked at us.

Also, I know a lot of our fans don't care, but Morgan has been good for Wolverhampton as a city, which the same commitment may disappear with a new owner.

Also, I know a lot of our fans don't care, but Morgan has been good for Wolverhampton as a city, which the same commitment may disappear with a new owner.

A lot of money put into the City thats for sure. His contribution in the City will be around for a long time.

I think having Jez as CEO and Chairman will not last long and agree with many that he will be gone when/ if a new buyer is found.

Why? Any new owner would look at what he's done for the club financially and think 'this bloke's alright at balancing the books' and would probably keep him on unless they have their own CEO they want to bring in. People thought it was the end of Moxey when Sir Jack put the club up for sale but he's still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back