• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about this 'red tape' rumour. Perhaps there isn't any at all, just this is how long it takes for signatures, money and documents to be put into place. The end of July would be a decent deadline I would think.

I guess it depends on how we are doing it. If we are going for the full on "done deal" then there may be a hold up with the FL or FA as we know how great they work and still think it is 1984 when it comes to communicating. If we do what Villa did and announce the takeover before the owner had passed the F&P test, then there really won't be red tape just, as you state, the general nature of sorting a deal like this

The dawn of a new era or the beginning of the end for Wolverhampton Wanderers :icon_confused:

So, first, according to the Telegraph we were being taken over by a Chinese billionaire, who, despite all the assurances from those ITK, it now seems knew nothing about it. Last night there was another story in the Telegraph about us being taken over by a Chinese mega-conglomerate. Why do we think there’s any more to this rumour than the last one?

You know when something seems to good to be true . . . ?

With similar talk coming up the A41, I wouldn’t be surprised if we ended up a feeder club for Sandwell.

Why would the club leak anything to John Percy and the Telegraph?

Why would the club leak anything to John Percy and the Telegraph?

and even more strange to do so if there's another two weeks or so to go as it's simply more noise and more unnecessary expectation of an imminent announcement. and technically they could only do so with the agreement of all parties, buyer/seller, under any confidentiality clause. nevermind i'm not sure the extent to which, if any, the club itself is a party to the deal given it's SM selling his shares to XX.

and if they were about to announce imminently, why leak it?

so if any of this is true it's likely all unofficial leaks from people not that close to the deal. hard to imagine there'd be two parties in the running at this stage but the degree of speculation does make you wonder.

personally, once there is any sort of leak of this type, i think it would be perfectly reasonable for the club to make a statement with SM's agreement - eg the owner is in talks with 1/2 parties about a potential sale, early/mid stage, no fixed timetable, expect to complete before start of season, unlikely to be any significant transfer activity but business as usual in meantime. a straight bat statement that says nothing, doesn't name names but eliminates the day to day "why hasn't it happened?". as an option a statement would have been discussed no doubt. i mean they had no problem telling us last year he was looking to sell.

of course some people involved in transactions can get unnecessarily prissy about things.

With similar talk coming up the A41, I wouldn’t be surprised if we ended up a feeder club for Sandwell.

I would, being as you aren't allowed to have material influence over more than one English club.

From BBC website:-

"Transfer news coming from Portuguese newspaper A Bola. Their front page concerns two Benfica players, who could be coming to a Premier League club.

The paper reports that Talisca, a 22-year-old Brazilian attacking midfielder, and Eduardo Salvio, 26, an Argentina international winger, could both be moving in a joint deal worth £50m (£41.9m).

Where are they going? The paper doesn't say, but does add that club president Luis Felipe Vieira is negotiating a deal in London.

Benfica are in England at the moment as they play Sheffield Wednesday in a friendly tonight."

Another day anonther chinese billionaire/conglomerate so we can play the 'how rich is this new owner going to be' game for a bit longer.

Whilst it is a little concerning that it is dragging a bit, the fact that nothing else is happening that we might of expected if none of this had leaked gives credence that it will take place(though with who remains to be seen)

Given that these things can take a considerable time its quite likely that this startedway back during last season - maybe Kenny was working to orders to make the football as dire, tedious & boring as possible so that we would accept the uncertainty now with hope that it was going to seriously improve with a sale ;)

"Transfer news coming from Portuguese newspaper A Bola. Their front page concerns two Benfica players, who could be coming to a Premier League club.

The paper reports that Talisca, a 22-year-old Brazilian attacking midfielder, and Eduardo Salvio, 26, an Argentina international winger, could both be moving in a joint deal worth £50m (£41.9m).

Where are they going? The paper doesn't say, but does add that club president Luis Felipe Vieira is negotiating a deal in London.

Benfica are in England at the moment as they play Sheffield Wednesday in a friendly tonight."

Hmm.. I think Eduardo Salvio is slightly out of our range somehow :icon_lol:

I thought the Talisca link was crazy!!

Come on, Langers, Luis Felipe Vieira is negotiating a deal in London. Where has the Moxster been recently? I'm not saying it's true but it's out there (now)!

Lopetegui is not a manager you would chose, if your main objective is to spend millions and get promoted to Premier league. If the objective, is to bring in young players from Spain, Portugal and South America and if the players developed in to decent players, then to sell the players for a profit, I can understand that.
Lopertegui has not achieved anything as a first team manager, to make you think he would be a success and trusted with your millions to get a team promoted.
Lopetegui does make sense, as a manager of a feeder club, who brings young players on, develops them and then sold at a profit!
From when this story first broke, I have always thought that Lopetegui and Wolves getting promoted and challenging for the Premier League and the European cup, is bollocks.

Lopetegui is not a manager you would chose, if your main objective is to spend millions and get promoted to Premier league. If the objective, is to bring in young players from Spain, Portugal and South America and if the players developed in to decent players, then to sell the players for a profit, I can understand that.
Lopertegui has not achieved anything as a first team manager, to make you think he would be a success and trusted with your millions to get a team promoted.
Lopetegui does make sense, as a manager of a feeder club, who brings young players on, develops them and then sold at a profit!
From when this story first broke, I have always thought that Lopetegui and Wolves getting promoted and challenging for the Premier League and the European cup, is bollocks.

if that was true i think Lopertegui would take the Spanish job rather than being a nothing manager for a "feeder" club, yes we will sign young players and probably sell them on but that happens at every club.

If Lopertegui took the Wolves job over the Spanish job unless hes mad hes been promised funds to help the club fight for promotion and help get into europe and establish himself as a top manager in the world of football.

There is no other reason for him to even think about taking on Wolves otherwise.

if that was true i think Lopertegui would take the Spanish job rather than being a nothing manager for a "feeder" club, yes we will sign young players and probably sell them on but that happens at every club.

If Lopertegui took the Wolves job over the Spanish job unless hes mad hes been promised funds to help the club fight for promotion and help get into europe and establish himself as a top manager in the world of football.

There is no other reason for him to even think about taking on Wolves otherwise.

Money?

Salvio signed a 2 year contract extension with Benefica last month. So that's odd.

He would be thought of as an easy choice for the Spanish team, having been the manager of the successful under 21 and 19's. He is a safe pair of hands. Caparrós has been a much more successful manager, but has a fiery temperament. No top manager in Spain is going to give up club management, to manage Spain. It is something that you do at the end of your career. Lopetegui or Caparrós offer completely different things. One experience, achievements and a fiery character, the other no achievements as a football club manager, but good with young players and is not a conflictive personality.
Trusting Lopetegui with 100's of millions to get a British championship team promoted and challenging for the Premier League title, has never made any sense to me.
As a feeder club, developing young players at his disposal, I can understand, especially with his relationship with Mendes.

Wolves with decent backing is a fantastic opportunity for any up and coming manager.

Money isnt everything for a manager plus im sure he will get more or the same money with the spanish job for doing less work ?

If Spain offers more money for less work then why would he hold out for the Wolves job?

There aren't many more prestigious national sides to work with than Spain, especially if you're Spanish, so if his true goal is proving himself as one of the best around then surely that job offers that potential too?

I don't think his hiring would suggest anything in particular about how they're likely to run the club, just that he's tied into things with Mendes some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back