• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links to Thomas Cook and pharmaceuticals,cheap holidays and drugs! Magaluf or Ibiza anyone? Nah me neither

I need to ask friends who work at the Telegraph to check if it's not because of print deadlines or something like that, but the fact that that piece was posted dead on 10pm makes it even more interesting for me. Typical of an embargo, which would suggest Percy's been fed legit info from the club in exchange for complying with their wish for privacy. That in turn would suggest things are very close.

FWIW, Fosun is an absolutely stupendously large company. Difficult to assess precisely because of how many assets and concerns it owns, but at the very least we're talking several billion dollars more than Robin Li.

The article mentions they have shares in Mendes company so is it Mendes leading them into this?
I know some people will worry but there is legal money to be made from buying Wolves if it's handled properly. Particularly if you are involved in buying and selling footballers around the world's top leagues.
Of course there's even more money to be made around the edges of legality but hopefully that's not going to happen.

Actually reading around this group are looking to open up football in China. Things could go horribly wrong but if we're involved in such a strategy it could go wildly well.
If it's true of course.

I need to ask friends who work at the Telegraph to check if it's not because of print deadlines or something like that, but the fact that that piece was posted dead on 10pm makes it even more interesting for me. Typical of an embargo, which would suggest Percy's been fed legit info from the club in exchange for complying with their wish for privacy. That in turn would suggest things are very close.

FWIW, Fosun is an absolutely stupendously large company. Difficult to assess precisely because of how many assets and concerns it owns, but at the very least we're talking several billion dollars more than Robin Li.

I'd prefer a robin li tbh assuming he was interested in piling the cash in. Not saying an alternative company wouldn't have major intentions but they'll also have stricter investment criteria and numerous other investment intentions. not that I'll be complaining at either if we bring in some quality players.

My two cents, when it comes to the question of "why buy a second-tier football club?" - remember the 1980s? There was a period when Japanese companies were buying up American and European ones left and right, in a huge, sudden burst. It was for money, yes, but also for political and cultural reasons, to build and project soft power.

China's doing the same thing now in a number of fields - and in football, that means huge new networks of clubs, managers, agents, coaches, players, etc., etc., being bought wholesale in Europe. Mendes know there's a lot of money to be made here, by acting as an intermediary for the new money in the east and the old infrastructure in the west, as all those massive new soccer schools open up with thousands upon thousands of scholars.

I have no idea if that means good or bad things for Wolves. No chance - at all - that we'll be intended as a feeder club for, say, AC Milan, and these people will want to get us up into the top flight (and, eventually, Europe) ASAP. That said, it also sounds like we're about to become part of a massive, well-funded Chinese plan to establish the country as a soccer superpower. Something maybe a bit similar to New York City FC's place in City Football Group, perhaps, within that kind of transnational club network. Not unlikely to sign great players, but also with owners who intend to permanently be swapping players between teams within a single empire for a larger purpose. (CFG's being projecting UAE soft power.) But then we could also be beneficiaries of the first generation of world class Chinese players, which is probably between five to ten years away. Who knows?

So isn't Robin Li involved in the takeover?

Doesn't look that way.

I think it was the Telegraph that said it would be 3 weeks a week ago so they're bang on track. Be nice to get it sorted next week but I'm sure we'll all cope when the billions turn up.

Ok thanks Gents. But if it isn't Robin Li, why have his people not denied it?

Or maybe the whole thing is just confusing me...

Tim II showing that he hasn't a fucking clue on Twitter tonight.

Well if its all true it seems to join the the dots regarding Mendes/Chinese etc together.

As people have said strange that the Telegraph stick that out tonight fairly late in the evening, also (assuming it came out today) bit of a co-incidence that Ladbrooks suddenly out the blue put out a random offer like that (you can guarantee bookies will have at least just as good links as journalists regarding info). Have never felt the feeder club scenario sat right, as why would Lopetgui give up an offer of managing Spain to take over a second tier feeder club.

Of course it could go spectacularly wrong but I havent been this excited since the local Chinese started doing an all you can eat buffet on a thursday night.

Well if its all true it seems to join the the dots regarding Mendes/Chinese etc together.

As people have said strange that the Telegraph stick that out tonight fairly late in the evening, also (assuming it came out today) bit of a co-incidence that Ladbrooks suddenly out the blue put out a random offer like that (you can guarantee bookies will have at least just as good links as journalists regarding info). Have never felt the feeder club scenario sat right, as why would Lopetgui give up an offer of managing Spain to take over a second tier feeder club.

Of course it could go spectacularly wrong but I havent been this excited since the local Chinese started doing an all you can eat buffet on a thursday night.

Wolves could soon have a Chinese "all you can buy" player buffet!

Weren't Fosun mentioned in one of the articles about Milan a few weeks ago? Think it was originally translated incorrectly as posum instead.

Seems widely accept that Li is involved there so perhaps it's part of a joint thing?

Have never felt the feeder club scenario sat right, as why would Lopetgui give up an offer of managing Spain to take over a second tier feeder club.

Lopertegui has no experience of getting teams promoted and has achieved nothing of note as a league manager. Joaquín Caparrós has achieved a lot more as a league manager, but is seen as a fiery character. Lopertegui, is seen as a less conflictive person, who did well with the under 21 and 19's.

Caparrós built the Sevilla team that went on to do so well under Juan de Ramon and Later took Bibao in to Europe.

Over on the Mix they've already decided they're a bunch of cowboys riddled with debt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back