• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a look down DeathClaw's twitter feed. Nothing to suggest any ITK credentials going off previous tweets such as this from 21st December last year:

Deathclaw ‏@GlowingSeaWolf 21 Dec 2015

Rumours are flowing that Wolves have an announcement about new a owner tomorrow

Not a clue who she is but...

811ce4e660054be2f4f90102d9753f53.png

Whoever she is she is fucking clueless, the land is owned by the council, it's not going to be sold, also I believe it legally obliged to always be used for sporting use.

Whoever she is she is fucking clueless, the land is owned by the council, it's not going to be sold, also I believe it legally obliged to always be used for sporting use.

Well yes, the council own it and whilst they do sport has to be used on the land. That is part of the rental agreement.........however, that doesn't mean the council won't sell it if they are offered enough. A council that doesn't have much cash would probably jump at the chance to get an instant and massive cash injection. That said, I wouldn't want to the land sold, as that helps protect us as a football club

Just because the Council own it, doesn't mean they can't sell it...

Wolverhampton Wanderers Properties Ltd has a 999 year lease (effective freehold) as of 2011, so any prospective buyer doesn't need to buy the freehold.

There is also a restriction on the company also being able to move the lease to another company.

I really wouldn't read too much into that tweet. The buying the freehold on the land is just so wrong it makes me distrust it completely.

Also the University wouldn't be selling land either, they are buying up land to expand.

Isn't the general rule to pick a tweet, debate the fuck out of it, take sides as to whether it's bullshit or not and then laugh when the next one comes around which totally contradicts it?

Also the University wouldn't be selling land either, they are buying up land to expand.

Yup. No chance the University would sell any of the land around there. They've practically monopolised it all and are planning to pedestrianise it for the "University Quarter" which will expand to Springfield Brewery. They've bought what was the old post office in town (by the Hogs Head) and the Feathers, too. Would be very, very surprised if they sold any land.

There were rumours they had eyes on the Lighthouse Media Centre and the Art Gallery not too long ago because the arts and culture department at the council (comprising of about two people) are useless.

Isn't the general rule to pick a tweet, debate the fuck out of it, take sides as to whether it's bullshit or not and then laugh when the next one comes around which totally contradicts it?

Yes.

Yup. No chance the University would sell any of the land around there. They've practically monopolised it all and are planning to pedestrianise it for the "University Quarter" which will expand to Springfield Brewery. They've bought what was the old post office in town (by the Hogs Head) and the Feathers, too. Would be very, very surprised if they sold any land.

There were rumours they had eyes on the Lighthouse Media Centre and the Art Gallery not too long ago because the arts and culture department at the council (comprising of about two people) are useless.

Yeah, everything in the area that's become available over the last few years has been bought up by either Wolves or the University, both of which were/are trying to expand their footprint as much as possible.

Interesting.

Maybe there's something in it and that's what the "red tape" or delay is?

Also I'm sure W'ton University will sell land to him if he offers enough money!

I'm sure they could find some other land to buy if they've got someone dead set on buying their current portfolio for a heavily inflated price, it's hardly like Wolverhampton isn't blessed with areas in need of regeneration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back