• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could all be the biggest wind up ever! I hope it isn't, but it really would be disheartening for our thousands of loyal supporters, who are waiting for our resurrection!

Wolves haven't made any comment, official or otherwise, for 2 weeks (tomorrow) despite the rumours impacting greatly on Jackett's status so I am fairly sure this is happening

I don't think there is a lot to suggest that might even possibly be the case.

I do agree, but at the same time we have one source, a Spanish Sky presenter, nothing else. It is logical we are in the process of being bought, but the only thing we have to suggest it is a Chinese billionaire, is from someone who works for Sky and is Spanish. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
Even though, Lopetegui has done a good job at under 19 and 21 level, winning 2 European championships.Spain are blessed at this level anyway.
It has to be taken in to account, he has never done any of note a senior level. If you were a billionaire and wanted to win the championship, would you trust your investment on a manager that hasn't had success at senior level?

I think ge would be great at bringing young players to our academy and selling them for a good profit in the future, if they do good, but It logical buy a club, spend many millions getting the team promoted, with a manager, who hasn't done any note at senior level.

Moxey keeping his job........cyber tantrums incoming

If it does take another 3 weeks we're going to be cutting it fine to get players in to actually be able to challenge this season even if we are rich

"Li’s consortium is in advanced due diligence and Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey has begun the process of delivering the business plan to the Football League, which includes proof of funding. " (Trip to London)

"Moxey, who has been at Molineux since 2000, will retain his place as chief executive. Sources have claimed that Moxey’s position would have been under grave threat if the rival bidders had been successful." (Imminent Twitter/social media meldown incoming!)

Moxey should keep his job for life! (Don't hit me with the ban hammer)

If it's in the telegraph we finally have a news paper that's got some credit than the local gossip column.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with Moxey keeping his job. He's done some bloody good deals in the past, and with the gazillions at our disposal then we won't be losing players over JM trying to save a few quid.

Lopetegui? Yes, I'd rather have had Sean Dyche to get us out of the Championship, but I'll take Li & Lopetegui over Morgan and Jackett any day

any ideas who the rival bidders are ?
thought we'd be lucky to attract one buyer, let alone two !

any ideas who the rival bidders are ?
thought we'd be lucky to attract one buyer, let alone two !

That bloke who used to be on the board and went to Margate? FC was supposed to be fronting a consortium with Paul Ince involved... So, them two or a multi-billionaire, let me just have a think on that one

Dubious about the "it could take as long as three weeks" thing in that article. I mean, obviously, it could be true, but everything else has been pointing to it being this week since the end of last week - including Jackett telling the E&S that he doesn't expect to be in charge for the next pre-season friendly.

I don't think the article writer has a clue, he's just regurgitated everything we know from the last 3 weeks.

As for Moxey keeping his job, I would imagine only for a transition period as I fail to see how keeping him is of benefit to the new owners. He's pretty much reviled by most Wolves fans for one reason or another so I can't see the benefit of the new owners keeping him on other than for transition for 3-6 months at the most.

John Percy is very, very credible and generally spot on. I don't think he's ever got anything wrong re Wolves.

If he says something's happening, it's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back