• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because relying on a rich chairman means you're fucked when he sells up/dies.

Precisely.

A selection of Wolves fans are spoils brats who have come to view the philanthropy of Sir Jack as the rule and not the exception.

I genuinely wonder if things were more acute with Blackburn fans after Jack Walker passed away too?

I genuinely wonder if things were more acute with Blackburn fans after Jack Walker passed away too?

A section of them used to bleat on that the Walker Trust didn't invest to the same levels that the old gent did, but broadly speaking they were run in a very professional manner right up to the point at which they sold up to the Venkys. From there everything came tumbling down quite quickly.

Venkys tried to sign Beckham and Ronaldinho as soon as they took over, maybe our new saviour (whoever he/they may be) could lamp a couple of bids in for Iniesta and Ribery. Ambition aye it.

How is he a Wolves fan? He supported Rangers.

He used to go to the games when his son played for us, that's it.
He has said that he supported/admired/followed wolves when they were the best in Europe. Obviously he is a Rangers fan but you know what I mean. if he bought it would be cool.
What a clueless $#@!.

60d4a15c3c5feb7004c850f1cacf5546.jpg

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

He has said that he supported/admired/followed wolves when they were the best in Europe. Obviously he is a Rangers fan but you know what I mean. if he bought it would be cool.

Yet when Morgan claims any allegiance to Wolves, it's thrown out as rubbish?

By most estimates, Fergie is worth in the region of 50-60 million. He's not going to spend a big chunk of that in order to be spat at by ungrateful cunts.

Tim Spiers tweet which is isn't showing up as a quote

As has already been pointed out, Spiers is talking out of his arse there. The £30m investment is clearly in the accounts, and always has been. Morgan will only make an enormous profit if he sells for significantly north of £30m.

By most estimates, Fergie is worth in the region of 50-60 million. He's not going to spend a big chunk of that in order to be spat at by ungrateful cunts.

He's already on Man Utd's board and quite clearly he still has the ear of many people at the club (although after the Moyes episode, they probably won't ever ask his advice on who to appoint as manager). So if he wants his fix of football ownership stuff it's there for him for free, whenever he wants it, at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

How long until we start to be linked with a "consortium"?Which always means "group of people who have scrapped pennies together and have no idea how much running a football club will actually cost".

Seen some rumours of TATA steel on the B&S comments....

The fan's view from the North Bank - John Bray

"Steve Morgan is a hugely successful house builder. But as the 'For Sale' sign is hammered into the Molineux turf, not many Wolves fans will remember him as a hugely successful football club chairman.
"Yes, he took Wolves into the Premier League - but he also took us, rather embarrassingly, into League One.
"He fired Mick McCarthy after a humiliating defeat against West Brom, but could offer no Plan B as we slid pathetically out of the Premier League.
"Then he left us bemused by the hiring and firing of Stale Solbakken. Then he left us bemused by the appointment of Dean Saunders.
"Then he got it right as Kenny Jackett rebuilt Wolves from the depths of League One, but now we are bemused again. And I sense growing anger among fans.
"We are drifting along in the bottom half of the Championship when last season we were strong contenders for the play-offs."

And that is on the BBC Website. Jesus Christ.

As has already been pointed out, Spiers is talking out of his arse there. The £30m investment is clearly in the accounts, and always has been. Morgan will only make an enormous profit if he sells for significantly north of £30m.
Yes I know just don't know how this quote got on my post. I have no problem with Mr Morgans investment.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

What are the facts on the Redrow development on the Compton site?

Morgan and Moxey for all their faults, we are a very stable and well run club. We have little or no debt that in modern football is a minor miracle, we have a fantastic new training and academy facility.

We may never have been the biggest spenders but money has always been there deals for Doyle, O'Hara, Fletcher, Johnson, Hunt, Sako and others being good examples. But would you have rather we spent above our means and became a Portsmouth?

You only have to speak with a Leeds, Cardiff, Blackburn, Portsmouth fans and various other to realise that Morgan isn't this terrible owner a section of our fans seem to think.

I for one am concerned where the club will end up, for every good owner you have 10 Vincent Tans and chicken farmers...

If Im wrong i'll admit it to anyone that will listen. Unlike the mouthbreathers who have forced him out. You know if it goes tits up they'll be nowhere to be seen.

Do you really think it was the mouthbreathers( inferior to you) who forced Morgan not to invest in the team this year? Was it the same mouthbreathers, who forced Morgan not to complete phase 2 of the Molineux rebuild? and to give us a manager, with no managerial experience, to keep us in the PL? Instead of Steve Bruce, who had plenty of experience in that situation.

To be fair I won't remember Morgan as a great chairman, because unlike Sir Jack there's never been a raft of one way investment (the club isn't being given away now) and we've had perhaps even more footballing mistakes under Morgan than we did under SJH. There isn't any excuse for how we went from being a Premier League club with a puncher's chance of survival to relegated to the third tier inside 15 months.

His legacy will be the Academy and all credit to him there - up to the club now to make the best of that resource. Ultimately though - as I said in my team by team run through earlier, QPR under Fernandes have just amassed a load of debt and are worse off on the pitch which is incredibly damning. Wolves under Morgan don't have the debt so it's not in that league, but we're no further forward on the pitch than when he took over. We finished 5th with a decent young team in 2006/7 before he took over, with a following wind that looks like being about the absolute best we can do this year in 2015/16. Eight years and at best, stasis. That's not really acceptable given the sums of money that have flowed through the club and the opportunities we've had and lost.

Do you really think it was the mouthbreathers( inferior to you) who forced Morgan not to invest in the team this year? Was it the same mouthbreathers, who forced Morgan not to complete phase 2 of the Molineux rebuild? and to give us a manager, with no managerial experience, to keep us in the PL? Instead of Steve Bruce, who had plenty of experience in that situation.

Hmmmm

Bruce looks likely to be appointed. Mass fan uproar due to his Blues connections. Connor appointed. TICK
Relegated. Mass fan uproar for investment in the team rather than the ground. Solbakken given fucking millions. TICK

Phase two didnt happen because the money wasnt there. So if the club couldnt afford it (and thats what the emphasis should be - can the club afford it, not the chairman), it shouldnt happen.

Yes, you can argue that we should speculate to accumulate. Like we did when we built the John Ireland stand...

And as for the manager, yes, bad decisions were made. If you think we can get an owner in place who will never pick an unsuccesful manager then good luck.

Im not saying you have or have not said these things but this shows that Morgan can never win, he builds the SC during the prem stay and he's lambasted for not investing it in the squad and now he's been criticised for not continuing rebuilding after relegation where there would've been a total meltdown by some if that money had been taken away from Solbakkens budget.

Hmmmm

Bruce looks likely to be appointed. Mass fan uproar due to his Blues connections. Connor appointed. TICK
Relegated. Mass fan uproar for investment in the team rather than the ground. Solbakken given $#@!ing millions. TICK

The Bruce one is true but not the Conner part, most fans were pretty disgruntled with this and the majority said we may as well have kept MM. Huge bollock dropped there.

The Solbakken thing is also a misnomer, Wolves raised Over £20m by selling Jarvis, Fletcher and the rest but didn't spend anywhere near that amount. Although you could say Solbakken was allowed to waste money he didn't overspend what came in. This isn't Morgan supporting his manger, more letting the club run itself.

Phase two didnt happen because the money wasnt there. So if the club couldnt afford it (and thats what the emphasis should be - can the club afford it, not the chairman), it shouldnt happen.

Yes, you can argue that we should speculate to accumulate. Like we did when we built the John Ireland stand...

And as for the manager, yes, bad decisions were made. If you think we can get an owner in place who will never pick an unsuccesful manager then good luck.

But it really is shit ownership to pick 3 bad managers in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back