• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - Fulham 2 the where the **** did that come from verdict thread

We should have been at least 5-1 up before their second Mark. We were excellent at times tonight. Zyro was fantastic for me. Graham also brilliant. Actually nobody should be criticised for tonight. A good solid team performance so well done everybody.

Fulham are absolute bilge, but they had to be beaten and we deserved to beat them more soundly than the final scoreline.

Best bit of the night was DW's face after that magnificent Doherty strike. A picture worth a season of pain. Hilarious scenes.

If you thopught that was funny you should have seen mine! My jaw dropped like Jacob Marley. Goal of the month sorted already

Fantastic game of football, but possibly because there was two very poor defensive units on display allowing end to end football.

Rewatched the goals again this morning. That strike by Doherty is an absolute peach - I'm gutted I missed Deutsch's face of bewilderment though!

Such a strange game of football. Fulham set up in a 4-4-2 with 4 attacking mids, O'Hara the most 'defensive' of the 4,and 2 of the worst centre backs I've seen at this level. We should've beaten them by 5 or 6 but switched off and let them back into it. We played some really good football at times with Rajiv, Zyro & Graham looking likely to score every time they got on the ball. Graham was a one man highlight reel and probably my MOTM. Poor Jazz Richards couldn't get anywhere near him.

Annoyed about the way we let them back into the game. As bad as Fulham were defensively they clearly had quality going forwards but we just threw away a 2 goal lead twice. Doherty, Batth and EEL were looking dodgy as fuck.

That goal though... When it flew in I thought, 'that came from the left back area... Nah, can't be.'. When the shouty man called out Doherty's name I was stunned. What a goal!

Rewatched the goals again this morning. That strike by Doherty is an absolute peach - I'm gutted I missed Deutsch's face of bewilderment though!

I likened it to the glorious slow motion scene in White Men Can't Jump when Woody Harrelson finally dunks it... (the goal, not DW's face!)

ce6bfb9d0a4fbc142fcf9995fd920712.350x183x87.gif

Rvlp looked much more fluid. But his game management still needs so much work.

He was much better, but still a very poor decision make. Slows things down when he doesn't need to and gives defenders a chance to get a foot in far too often. He had some great spells of play last night once he focussed on actually running at the defence and actually playing football instead of his embarrassing diving and protestations in the first 20 mins.

Was it his shot that hit the post in the second half? Great effort, and looked fully intended. Unluck not to score.

We actually played alright, albeit against a shocking team. Had we approached previous home games with that mindset we'd be a lot closer to the top six than we are.

Zyro looks a player, certainly a snip at that price.

We actually played alright, albeit against a shocking team. Had we approached previous home games with that mindset we'd be a lot closer to the top six than we are.
This is what I can't get over. Very frustrating.

Still, 4 in a row isn't to be sniffed at, whatever depths we stooped to to get those points.

I think this is the first time Wolves have won 4 games in a row and I've still been left with no faith in the manager!

Still, I'll take the positives - a much improved performance, Graham outstanding again, RVLP is no longer a write off and Zyro looks like a very useful signing. If we can spend some of the Afobe money on 2 or 3 players to improve the team (I won't hold my breath) we could actually turn the season around and have a stab at making the play offs.

My only gripe about last night, not that I can blame KJ or the players for it, was it was on a week night meaning I didn't have hours and hours on the piss to celebrate with!

I'm not going to take back my opinion of KJ, we could have been doing this month ago, but it was a great night on the forumand I have to ask the question, was Afobe too much for the team?

I'm not going to take back my opinion of KJ, we could have been doing this month ago, but it was a great night on the forumand I have to ask the question, was Afobe too much for the team?
No he wasn't! I maintain KJ has always had a good enough squad, he wasted Afobe make no mistake. The end of last season he proved in the last 10 or so games his best tactics. He has systematically undone all his good work. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the game it's obvious we are shaky at the back. Batth is stinking yhe place out how he gets an easy ride on here when DE and MD are constantly derided. The manager picks the tactics and Dangerous was much better in the less advanced position. that said if KJ gets back to playing good football that's good enough for me. Fwiw subs too late risking the knackered graham and vlp

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

We'll have to see how we play next game, but make no mistake, there won't be many teams with such a poor defensive midfield as Fulham.

We'll have to see how we play next game, but make no mistake, there won't be many teams with such a poor defensive midfield as Fulham.

They literally didn't have one. Four attack minded players with no inclination to track back or have any discipline.

I'm really pleased with four from four, but am Reserving judgement on kj until we play better teams - from the last eight games, charlton have four points, Fulham five, Brighton six and reading seven - none of them are in anything like good form.

We can only beat the teams in front of us - but I'm not yet convinced we've turned things around enough to be pushing for the playoffs, which is the minimum of where this squad should be.

Playing devils advocate, could also mean we've been playing the better sides while in a bad run of form too.

That must be inaccurate Penk.
They had O'Hara playing didn't they and Stearman couldn't get in... they must be mighty!!

Just watched the highlights, and Zyro took his goals well, but he clearly needs a hell of a lot of work....on his knee slides.

Jeez that was a belter from Docherty.

Playing devils advocate, could also mean we've been playing the better sides while in a bad run of form too.

As in our form was bad? Yes possibly, I've been unimpressed with he way kj has set us up recently - if we start winning against decent teams as well as the poor ones I'll change my views. Especially if he keeps Dave out of the ten position.

Back