• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - Fulham 2 the where the **** did that come from verdict thread

Fulham were probably the team to try to go more expansive against.

Score well, but concede more - maybe Kenny is cuter than we think and will try different tactics depending on who we are playing.

Still need more organisation at the back - tonight could have been easier to listen to if we hadn't given away goals we didn't need to

We played pretty well. Sat back but actually countered and tried to attack. I will praise the team selection, 442 diamond with plenty of pace in the team, aided by the fact that Fulhams defence was abysmal, no idea how Stearman can't get in that team.

Graham tore Richards a new one. Zyro scored two but was actually quite quiet, but made good runs just was offside. Reckon a bit of settling down, improving communication and getting used to the squad he will be much better.

VLP involved in a lot of our play and one of his better games. Needs to stop moaning when getting man handled and just carry on (Batth does exactly the same), and shame he still hasn't found any shooting boots.

Edwards was anonymous

Great strike from McCormack for there 2nd. But he is gutted he signed for them with the plan being to fire them back to the prem and instead they have become more middle pack fodder.

Zyro's a big lad, isn't he? His build reminds me a lot of Sako, actually.

Zyro's a big lad, isn't he? His build reminds me a lot of Sako, actually.

Sako is an absolute animal. Zyro tall but not that bulky.

Sako could run at pace and still fight off 3 defenders.

We played pretty well. Sat back but actually countered and tried to attack. I will praise the team selection, 442 diamond with plenty of pace in the team, aided by the fact that Fulhams defence was abysmal, no idea how Stearman can't get in that team.

Graham tore Richards a new one. Zyro scored two but was actually quite quiet, but made good runs just was offside. Reckon a bit of settling down, improving communication and getting used to the squad he will be much better.

VLP involved in a lot of our play and one of his better games. Needs to stop moaning when getting man handled and just carry on (Batth does exactly the same), and shame he still hasn't found any shooting boots.

Edwards was anonymous

Agree with all but last comment.
Did a load of good work and released the attackers several times.

Was it his or kmac pass for second goal?

That VLP shot no way!!! Looked like we were playing great attacking football and McDonald with a nice through ball that has worked for him so well in the past- maybe he had an argument with Afobe in the summer and said no more through balls for you?!?!?! #Rumours
Great link up lay from Graham and Zyro as well.

I thought we were terrific but as usual nearly are own worst enemy dropping deep once taking the lead & ect but at times it worked to our advantage we counter attacked very, very well.

Zyro & RVLP worked really well up to both moved around well up top although RVLP and at times Zyro lack of composure in front of goal shown especially when Zyro should have had his hat trick in the 1st half. I thought there wasn't a bad performer tonight Coady & Edwards played well both worked hard and deserve special praise considering they normally get a lot of criticism.

Still not convinced in Batth & EEL as partnership I really feel Batth is the one who needs replacing he's very poor on the ball and makes Roger Johnson look like Pirlo when It comes to passing. I'm starting to warm to EEL there seems to be a good player there to develop with a seasoned defender next to him.

Agree with all but last comment.
Did a load of good work and released the attackers several times.

Was it his or kmac pass for second goal?

Was just going to mention that, must be his first assist in ages. Also nearly scored a decent goal to be fair to him.

Played much better in a deeper role tonight.

What a fucking night!, pre match nay-Sayers fucked up the arse, great performances from Rajiv, Edwards and goal of the season from Docherty.
It's what footballs all about and I fucking love it!
UTW, keep the faith, I'm off to bed.

Wow we won and I went home not feeling like my eyes had been melted. What is this joyous feeling?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Just seen Doherty's goal.

Thrriiikerrrrrrr!

VLP singled out on Kenny's post-match comments "excellent work rate and effort".

Back