• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 Barnsley 1 - Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

An 'odd choice of finish'? He meant it, it was a great finish.

Must admit I thought he slightly miss hit it at first but then when they were showing the highlights on the screens at the end it just looked a cool and well placed finish

From where we were in the SB it was clear as day he meant it, it was a real quality finish.

Yeah of course, I just don't see what's odd about it?

That's because there isn't. It's the only way he's shooting from there and that's what he chose to do and got it spot on. I do think though without the confidence from Tuesday's goal he just brings it down rather than shoots.

Yeah of course, I just don't see what's odd about it?

I guess cos it's just a gentle cushioned pass into the net? A "normal" strike would have been a full volley. However, great finish whether he meant it or not! Good to see Bright start to gain confidence and do the damage his quick feet imply he can do!

Bright almost reminds me of Berbatov in how effortless he makes things look at times. He's just so audacious in everything he does.

Nuno wasn't lucky today as ultimately his substitutions turned the game, but at some point Plan B cannot be Plan A with different personnel.

Nuno wasn't lucky today as ultimately his substitutions turned the game, but at some point Plan B cannot be Plan A with different personnel.

Genuinely, why not?

Plan B wasn't Plan A with different personnel though. Minor tweaks they may be but as soon as N'Daiye came on he got further forward than Neves and Saiss had all game nad that made a big difference. The style of play isn't going to change and i don't think it should, we have enough quality to come on and change games by doing something a bit different to those they have replaced without changing the whole system.

Nuno has 2 tricks up his sleeve at the minute, swapping a CM out for a more attacking CM, and bringing on X attacker. Both worked yesterday. I am starting to worry about the formation a little but for now have to have faith and hope we keep grinding away

Nuno has 2 tricks up his sleeve at the minute, swapping a CM out for a more attacking CM, and bringing on X attacker. Both worked yesterday. I am starting to worry about the formation a little but for now have to have faith and hope we keep grinding away

You're worried about a formation that has us 2nd in the league (no such thing as joint top) and still in a cup competition most of thought we'd lose in the first round?

We made very hard work of that one and Barnsley gave a very good account of themselves. Until we scored I really thought it had 0-0 written all over it. Bringing Douglas on at half time was a great move, he was superb in the second half with some great tackles in defence and some useful contributions to our offensive play including the lovely move which almost resulted in him scoring.

I am another who was surprised to see Cav go off, perhaps he was feeling a knock or fatigue or maybe Nuno is a genius (I think he is!) but Bright certainly made a difference with a well taken goal.

I hoped we would see that out but just as 4 minutes of injury time was announced they pulled one back. Everyone was gutted that we had maybe thrown away 2 points and the fear was that they may snatch a 2nd but never fear, Alf saves the day. I have been very impressed with what I have seen of N'Diaye so far. He's a big unit but he can play too. Enthusiastic, makes things happen, has the potential to become a bit of a cult hero here and especially pleasing given he is wearing Dave's old shirt.

As nail biting as it was, what a superb way to win the game. The sense of relief at pulling this one back at the death was amazing.

A very pleasing outcome from a tricky day, bring on The Blades!

How was Neves yesterday? Tim II said he had a bit of a poor game.

Possession stats suggest we didn't really control the game like normal which is a bit strange at home to Barnsley.

How was Neves yesterday? Tim II said he had a bit of a poor game.

Possession stats suggest we didn't really control the game like normal which is a bit strange at home to Barnsley.

Not great, but he has set a high standard. Centre midfield was our biggest problem yesterday.

I thought both Neves and Saiss were poor, too many attempted intricate passes too deep in our own half. I'd say N'Diaye is a certainly to start on Wednesday he drives forward in a way the other two don't and one of the centre halves should be able to push up to cover him if he leaves a gap in behind.

The passmaps suggest Doherty was pretty isolated on the right and most of our attackers drifted towards the left.

Also Neves and Saiss dont seem to have played the ball between themselves much, when compared to other games. I felt we were a little hasty in trying to make things happen yesterday. However it ended up as a great win!

https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/911623305467170816

Nearly fucked the guy next to me when N'Daiye scored.

Harsh on Barnsley but we were much better in the second half. This team has great bouncebackability.

Back