• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 Barnsley 1 - Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

This season the league leaders

Leeds 0-0 Preston
Leeds 0-0 Fulham
Leeds 5-0 Burton
Leeds 2-0 Birmingham
Leeds 3-2 Ipswich

11 points for them to our ten. Perhaps they are also struggling

Yeah they are, lucky to beat Ipswich today who had several good chances and then their keeper dropped it behind the line for Leeds 3rd goal. Definitely not as good as they think................

Leeds 0-0 Preston
Leeds 0-0 Fulham
Leeds 5-0 Burton
Leeds 2-0 Birmingham
Leeds 3-2 Ipswich

I's the same through the league mate, nobody has won more than 3 home games in the Championship. Everybody must be struggling at home, so it's a good job we have the best away record.

Leeds 0-0 Preston
Leeds 0-0 Fulham
Leeds 5-0 Burton
Leeds 2-0 Birmingham
Leeds 3-2 Ipswich

In fairness they have been more comfortable at home this season. My friend is an St holder and says they have clicked at home in the ast few games. They play very differently to us.. Worthy league leaders so far but a long way to go.

We are playing glorious stuff though. It is wonderful to watch. A bloody pleasure.

There is no struggle.

Frankie is just playing devils advocate just like them tossers off Talksport, not saying Frank is a tosser of course..

A last minute winner against a side who were thrashed at home last week. This following on from struggling to beat an average league one side in midweek. Maybe we are not as good as some would suggest.

Can't be bothered to go in depth with an argument here but you're way wide of the mark. It's guesswork (bad guesswork) at best. How's Mablethorpe?

Quote from Darlo's brother after the first half "rubbish, but a million times better than last year".

Sums up the game to be fair, a draw would have been a reasonable result, we didn't control or move the ball well and resulted to long balls too much for my liking. Thought Barnsley played pretty well (and I also like their away strip).

Either way, to suggest we struggle at home defines fake news. We have played very well this season, but didn't click today.

Can't be bothered to go in depth with an argument here but you're way wide of the mark. It's guesswork (bad guesswork) at best. How's Mablethorpe?

A touch windy, but very pleasant thank you.

First time I've been this year, so my first contribution to the verdict thread. Unlike others.......

Someone posted earlier in the season about Ruddy being hesitant in releasing the ball. I thought that was definitely the case today, perhaps more indecisive than hesitant. The consensus around us was the ref was giving fouls against us whilst letting them get away with similar challenges. The BBC stats were 15 fouls by us and 4 by them, with possession 50:50, which does look a bit incongruous.

Someone posted earlier in the season about Ruddy being hesitant in releasing the ball.

That was me. Massive upgrade over the past few years but sometimes his distribution isn't the best although it's the exception, not the rule.

Just seen the highlights on ch5 (+1). What a lovely, calm finish from Enobakhare. I've felt he's been a little frantic and trying to prove a point by over complicating things so far this season, but he played excellently today and has really deserved his goal.

Just seen the highlights on ch5 (+1). What a lovely, calm finish from Enobakhare. I've felt he's been a little frantic and trying to prove a point by over complicating things so far this season, but he played excellently today and has really deserved his goal.
Seems an odd choice of finish, little cushioned sidefoot volley, for that chance, so casual that it planted some doubts in my mind whether or not it was intentional and not just an attempt to get it back into the mixer. Bright has got previous for being extremely casual with some of his attempts on goal though so perhaps he's returned to the norm after his more bullish approach from midweek.

It was a sublime finish for goodness sake. Apologies if it seemed "odd"

Seems an odd choice of finish, little cushioned sidefoot volley, for that chance, so casual that it planted some doubts in my mind whether or not it was intentional and not just an attempt to get it back into the mixer. Bright has got previous for being extremely casual with some of his attempts on goal though so perhaps he's returned to the norm after his more bullish approach from midweek.

It was a perfect finish, he meant it and it was the right thing to do. Didn't thrash at it just put it back where it came from and right in the corner.

Just rewatched on my phone and I see what you mean, I don't think he was just playing it back in but couldn't be sure!

Also, I did notice that Barnsley barely had any highlights, maybe I'm just used to this Wolves team being even better! Happy to be below what I expect and win though

Back