• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 Barnsley 1 - Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

Today was an off day, we were off the pace and personally I don't think we were anywhere near the standrards we've set. But having said that we were never in trouble of losing and indeed ground out the win. We're not struggling at Molineux and Bristol City should have been dead and buried by the time they made a game of it, that game was a one off.

We are not playing our best football at home this season but are winning. We are suited to away games. Brentford were happy not to lose and did well against us. For me its so far so good. If we get 20 points from every 9 games we will be champions so I am not going to grumble about today. We won. Last year we were thrashed at home. Today is a big improvement.

Dear Wolves fans. Siass was taken off because he was on a booking and looked pissed off and ready to explode..

Many Thanks.

Quirk

Spot on, also I don't think he was playing that well anyway imo, for every good pass there was at least one poor one, Docs getting pelters but some of the diagonals to him were well over hit and some of his challenges were a bit reckless, doesn't win as many headers as I'd expect from such a big guy, today anyway. Right decision to take him off and although I didn't think so at the time the right man to come on....just have to trust Nuno

No but we have to work hard at home to get results. That is not a bad thing

I didn't get to watch this match yet but I've been impressed with some of the tactics opposing managers have been employing against us this year. Much more astute than I expected from some of the "bad" teams at this level.

We have some great players but this level will always be competitive. We really can't be asking for more from this team than we've received already, IMO.

We aren't struggling at Molineux.

End of.

A last minute winner against a side who were thrashed at home last week. This following on from struggling to beat an average league one side in midweek. Maybe we are not as good as some would suggest.

A last minute winner against a side who were thrashed at home last week. This following on from struggling to beat an average league one side in midweek. Maybe we are not as good as some would suggest.

Or maybe sides who have just been soundly beaten are galvanized for their next match? And maybe lower league sides can be decent opponents?

This negativity is baffling, Frank. Look at the table. It doesn't lie.

This is just nonsense Frank, the fact Barnsley were beaten last week by an improving Villa side is meaningless, Millwall played Leeds off the park last week, we all know this league is topsy turvy, no-one is gunna win comfortably every game, football just doesn't work that way.....and thats a good thing imo, this team is very good, but no its not perfect

Nobody in the league has won more home games than us. Nobody.

Teams aren't going to roll over here, and we aren't going to be beating teams 3 or 4 nil every week. Teams will come to frustrate us, get men behind the ball and make it difficult. We got the job done, we got the three points and we move on.

As I said further up, we have won 5 out of 7 at home in all competitions this season. I'm guessing you'll ignore this fact though as you've gotten the bites and reactions you were after

I've got to be honest Frank you're talking shite and i don't understand why as i'm pretty sure you know the answers. We weren't great today but Barnsley came with a plan to keep it tight and close us down in particular areas and they did that well. They are still a Championship team that are capable and even despite not playing at our best we dug deep and with some real quality won the game.

Barnsley were thrashed last week but obviously had addressed those issues and then only lost 1-0 to Spurs in midweek but i guess Spurs aren't that good either as they struggled to beat an average Championship team. Football is not that simple and i think you know this. If teams come to Molineux and want to play open expansive football in this division we will tear them apart but unfortunately they don't as they know that so it is harder for us to break them down.

Home Results 2017-2018

Wolves 1-0 Middlesborough
Wolves 1-2 Cardiff City
Wolves 1-0 Millwall
Wolves 3-3 Bristol City
Wolves 2-1 Barnsley

15 points available. 10 points gained. 2 points per game.

Some fucking struggle.

I did not say that teams should roll over. My simple point was that we struggle to win at Molineux. And I was just asking why.

Because teams come to take a point or pinch a 1-0 win. Totally different to teams trying to attack. It's been the same since Jesus was in shorts.

I was impressed by Barnsley, thought they were the best visiting team ive seen at wolves this season.

Maybe sides are trying to mitigate our attacking potential to get a result. It appears all sides come with a gameplkan to stop us playing our way at home. Only Cardiff have succeeded so far. Others will succeed too make no mistake but I reckon we will win 15 games at home this season. That's a step up. I also now think double figures for away wins. If so that exceeds my hopes if top 10. There are areas to improve for sure but 20 points from 9 games is a great start.

This season the league leaders

Leeds 0-0 Preston
Leeds 0-0 Fulham
Leeds 5-0 Burton
Leeds 2-0 Birmingham
Leeds 3-2 Ipswich

11 points for them to our ten. Perhaps they are also struggling

Back