• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 Cardiff 2 - verdict thread

It's hard not to let emotions get the better of you but from what I saw it was a very poor performance from all officials it was blatant what Cardiff were doing and nothing was done to stop it. That said I don't blame that for losing we have to find a way to win irrespective of the tactics of our opponents, on another day Cardiff are down to 9 and we win comfortably but we can't rely on referees.

We also need to defend far better than the goals we conceded Miranda shouldn't jump in and Doc should be at least somewhere close to help out.

I think that game will turn out to be a blessing Nuno will sort it out!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Cardiff fans on Facebook also think the ref was shit which speaks volumes.

The main reason for a fourth official is in case one of three Matchday officials gets injured. Gone are the days when the tannoy blasts out asking if anyone in the crowd can run the line. He has many other duties, but given the disdain towards referees and their assistants on here I shall just leave it with the most important reason for a fourth official. Something that football league clubs had been wanted for years.

With the greatest respect, Frank, I must point out that the fourth official is also there to bring any incident to the referee's attention that the latter might have missed, particularly if it has a clear bearing on the laws of the game. Case in point is the 2006 World Cup final where the Argentinian referee missed Zinedine Zadan's headbutt on the Italian defender but was seen by the fourth official (albeit on the TV monitor—which Blatter forced him to deny) and reported to the referee who then red carded ZZ. Hence, in my experience, if the fourth official sees a blatant foul that the referee in the middle has missed, he or she is obligated to report it to the referee at that time. They do have excellent means of communication, so there is no excuse for shirking one's responsibility. However, some referees of the old school do instruct ARs and fourth officials not to comment on such matters and I wish the PGMO would deal with such inappropriate and unprofessional direction from referees. My own view is they should be suspended and given compelling instruction into the merits of teamwork and communication between and among all four officials.

Back