• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What are you currently listening to....

Really liking the Ben Watt tune they've been playing on Radio 2. There's an excellent live version with Bernard Butler on Youtube too.

Brilliant!
I am so stoked about going to see them in oxford in 10 or so days, as a warm up to their castleford show. As well as Birmingham in November.
The new album is awesome Hereford. Treat yourself (if you haven't already!)
James are the band I've seen live more than anyone. Yet to see them do a duff show.

Posted the below on the music thread a bit ago Hereford. Was loving Interrogation tonight in the car. Been loving Quicken the Dead & All I'm saying recently too!
Great album.
Deplorable that this thread has dropped off the first page.

Been listening to the new James album a fair bit.
I'm a fan, so had high hopes. To be honest, first listen I really wasn't keen. Sounded a bit James by numbers in places.

However, the first 3 tracks are huge, very strong tracks that really kept me going back, & I listened to the album a few more times (as I didn't want to get sick of the start of the album).
Have to say the album has really grown on me. It is a fantastic record - a fair bit of the subject matter is sad stuff, but done really positively!
Very strong opening track, leading into a fairly dance-y 2nd track (curse curse, possibly my fave) then into Moving On, which is superb.
Proper utilisation of the trumpet on this album makes it very strong, and distinctive.

Over the last week the rest of the album has really grown on me - I didn't realise at first how strong an album this is.

Fantastic. Can't wait to see them in July. Then again in august...

Hail and Kill by Manowar. I let Squeeze have a listen. Don't think she is a Manowar fan....

Watched it on tv; truely immense. Also, Mark Radcliffe is a pillock.

I don't think he is a fan. Metallica picked the song choice just about right for tonight. The set list is going to be just a little different next weekend I reckon

Metallica's set killed. Awesome. Good to have some proper music on the BBC :D

I like how Glastonbury makes decisions to put the unlikely bands on as headliners - Such as last night and when Jay Z rolled up(both not my cup of tea btw) and let the Media try and find ways to say they shouldn't be headlining, people aren't happy etc. If 4 of out 5 folk wanted to return their tickets on the back of Metallica playing then they found an odd way of showing that by enjoying the set.

Simple lesson for everyone - Make your own mind up on what Music to enjoy by listening/watching and not be led by what folk deem as cool to slag off or ridicule. It seems that some people, after reading Twitter, were quite surprised that they like music from outside their normal genre.

Last edited:
That's one of the brilliant things about Glastonbury. This time last year I was hugely impressed by Example's set, and he certainly wouldn't be something I would normally listen to.

I am for the same reason very interested to see how Frank Turner is accepted next weekend at Sonisphere.

Metallica certainly isn't my bag normally and I won't be rushing out to further investigate their back catalogue, but I enjoyed the performance.

And that is about all Metallica and Metallica fans like me can ask for. People watch the show, listen, and discover that they are an awesome live band, rather than hide behind prejudices against the genre of music to look down their noses.

The bit that fucked me off was Whiley referring to guyliner. As far as I can remember, I am not familiar with Metallica wearing guyliner (bar a little bit by Kirk for one album on Load) and I have only been listening since 1985. Quite why the beeb needed to make reference to it, I have no idea. It was Metallica due on stage, not fucking Kiss.

One thing I will say for Jo Whiley is that she manages to be consistent when talking about all genres. She knows fuck all about any of them.

Big fan of Frank Turner, I think you will enjoy him.

Back