• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What are you currently listening to....

I like Frank Turner. Hoping he and his band do an Iron Maiden cover in their style - that would be very cool indeed.

Dolly Parton. I really enjoyed her set. Closed my eyes and just listened to her voice, still extraordinary and unique.

Dolly Parton. I really enjoyed her set. Closed my eyes and just listened to her voice, still extraordinary and unique.

She showed the boy band culture of today what real music was.

I know Frank Turner isn't a typical Sonisphere act but he'll probably be cut some slack as he was the singer in a hardcore band before turning into a folkie.

If I was going I'd be very excited about Hundred Reasons playing 'Ideas Above Our Station' in it's entirety. Still one of my favourite bands (and albums).

Hundred Reasons are Mint! (Beginning to wish I was going to Sonisphere now). Ideas Above our Station is, and always will be, a favourite of mine.

I like how Glastonbury makes decisions to put the unlikely bands on as headliners - Such as last night and when Jay Z rolled up(both not my cup of tea btw) and let the Media try and find ways to say they shouldn't be headlining, people aren't happy etc. If 4 of out 5 folk wanted to return their tickets on the back of Metallica playing then they found an odd way of showing that by enjoying the set.

Simple lesson for everyone - Make your own mind up on what Music to enjoy by listening/watching and not be led by what folk deem as cool to slag off or ridicule. It seems that some people, after reading Twitter, were quite surprised that they like music from outside their normal genre.

Agreed - I watched Metallica for the first time last night and they were brilliant.

Now watching Kasabian who I know have some (pretty vocal) critics on here! But I'm a fan and they're a good live band. It's great to be in the audience at a Kasabian gig.

Manowar doing a cover version of Nessun Dorma. I kid you not!! It is utterly fucking hilarious. Eric Adams is no Pavarotti!

On the same album there is a cover of An American Trilogy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SHITTING A NEW RING LAUGHING HERE!!!!

The industrial estate that I work on had a seagulls problem earlier in the year and after various complaints from tenants the landlord decided to install a bird repellent sound system.

The seagulls left about 2 months ago but the devices were fitted yesterday. What a screeching racket it is and I presume that we will have to listen to them all autumn and winter despite there being no birds causing a problem.

Well the seagulls have been back for a while now and sit peacefully underneath the loud speakers that wail out the bird noises. The Harris Hawk brought in to frighten them away went AWOL and although later found in another area of Birmingham can't be trusted to be used again. I now have the sound of the seagulls attacking a group of scaffolders who are on site. Its the stuff that YouTube was invented for and at the moment the cherry picker is back to ground level and the scaffolders are refusing to go back up.

Manowar doing a cover version of Nessun Dorma. I kid you not!! It is utterly $#@!ing hilarious. Eric Adams is no Pavarotti!

On the same album there is a cover of An American Trilogy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM $#@!TING A NEW RING LAUGHING HERE!!!!

You b@stard,I think those two are pretty cool. ;) But not very good!

A loud Spanish talking person who really shouldn't be wearing those type of swimming trunks.

Technically I'm not 'currently' listening to them, but here's a selection of the folkie-pop that accompanied my stroll to work this morning...

The farmer, hammering. Non stop hammering for 2 sodding hours

Blind Guardian - And then there was Silence

Back