• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What are you currently listening to....

Coincidence?

I actually know a lass named Kayleigh because her parents adore Marillion...

Rhiannon is one of my fave FM songs. As is Silver Springs - I still can't believe they left it off 'Rumours' (although they didn't exactly do a bad job with that album as it is).

Florence and her fucking Machine have a LOT to answer for when they absolutely butchered The Chain. One of the worst covers I've ever seen live (I was at Glastonbury and had to walk through their abomination of a set. Yuck.)

That video is awesome. Funnily enough, I picked up Tusk on vinyl at Oxfam yesterday. in perfect nick for £1.50. #vinylbore

Never really understood why people like Fleetwood Mac so much. I always think that there must be something better to listen to. Just doesn't do anything for me. Very normal. It's like people going crazy over a slice of white bread. Even toast is better than bread. Not sure where this analogy is going.....

The Futureheads - Hounds of Love - Live on stage Acoustic

For Fleetwood Mac fans, Lissie did a pretty good FM style song called In Sleep off her first album. It also has a rather excellent Lindsey Buckingham style solo that plays the song out.

They have a really weird live setup where the bass player also plays the drums at the same time with just his feet. Bizarre.

For Fleetwood Mac fans...

You mean for most of us except Machin who is eating a piece of toast and wondering what the fuss is all about...?

I will give it a listen later (I have no sound on my work computer)

Just. Wow.....This is why Lindsey Buckingham is in my top 3 guitarists of all time:

It makes me intensely sad that I'll never, EVER be able to play guitar like that. Machin - How can you, a fellow guitar player, not like that?

Sorry mate but that is mediocre at best :(
Very much like a poor mans flamenco / country crossover, talking of which, check out a chap called Paco de Lucia, I know its Flamenco based but he, in my opinion, is one of the greatest guitarists in the world.
I have nothing against Lindsey Buckingham but if you're paying a guitar tech, sort out that fret buzz on the bottom e string :)

Sorry, not dissing you musical tastes by any means, what im trying to say is there are many, many guitarists out there that go unnoticed by the regular populous because they are not in vogue or mainstream or readily accessible, Take Paco de Lucia, that I mentioned earlier, this is him 40 odd years ago, I know the songs sounds corny, but stick with it because at about 1min 12 he accelerates up to thrash metal speed on a nylon strung acoustic !

It makes me intensely sad that I'll never, EVER be able to play guitar like that. Machin - How can you, a fellow guitar player, not like that?

I don't know, it just doesn't do anything for me. Pretty standard chord progession, nothing out of the ordinary scale wise. Good tekkers, but just doesn't make my balls twitch. Song writing means way more than technical ability to me. It's why I have just one Steve Vai album and no Satriani albums at all.

Listening to Virgin Steele atm.

And who was Steve Vais guitar teacher ?

Joe Satriani !

Although I agree, I am a big admirer of technique but Satriani just leaves me cold, like those widdley heavy metal bands that just goes to prove they'd make excellent typists :)

And who was Steve Vais guitar teacher ?

Joe Satriani !

Yeah I knew that. I definitely think the student has surpassed the teacher in this case.

I went to see Steve Vai at the Civic a few months ago. He's a superb performer and writes some interesting compositions as well has having faultless tekkers.

I don't know, it just doesn't do anything for me. Pretty standard chord progession, nothing out of the ordinary scale wise. Good tekkers, but just doesn't make my balls twitch. Song writing means way more than technical ability to me. It's why I have just one Steve Vai album and no Satriani albums at all.

Technical ability alone does nothing for me either. That's why Buckingham is so good. He writes fantastic songs as well as having the technical ability to go virtually anywhere he likes with it.

I do like one Satriani song. Surfing With The Alien. But only the live version. Steve Vai et al leave me cold.

Back