• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

In America over the years there have been far too many casualties caused by firearms. Each one is tragic, but one cannot blame the act of a lone maniac on Brexit and Trump.
Identifying the perp as a madman, lone wolf, or similar is a fine way society uses to absolve itself of responsibility.

DLNvImyW4AILinS.jpg:large

It's like he has been briefed but once he starts talking he instantly forgets what he has been told to say and then freestyles in the worst possible manner

DLNvImyW4AILinS.jpg:large

It's like he has been briefed but once he starts talking he instantly forgets what he has been told to say and then freestyles in the worst possible manner

Yesterday he sent his "warmest condolences" wtf?

"someone who needed help" is how I tend to think of shooters like this.

Incidentally, Congress is currently looking to pass a bill that will lift federal restrictions on firearm sound suppressors.

I had a brief look at the NRA Twitter account earlier. My word, that's a scary place. Not a word about Las Vegas naturally.

The perpetrator was a terrorist, end of story. He caused untold terror and massacred innocent civilians. He's a terrorist. Doesn't matter what race he is.

The perpetrator was a terrorist, end of story. He caused untold terror and massacred innocent civilians. He's a terrorist. Doesn't matter what race he is.

I think this is where the word is misused. The Manchester bomber was a terrorist as is the organisation he represents and they will continue to want to terrorise a popolous until they submit to their warped ideology.

This guy clearly did not want to do that. Nobody knows why he acted so out of character (according to friends, family and background) so to call him a terrorist is incorrect.

Would it be fair to say that a terrorist usually acts for political or ideological ends? In that case, would the murderer of Jo Cox warrant the term?

My understanding was that anyone who caused the public terror, no matter what the motivation, was a terrorist.

My understanding was that anyone who caused the public terror, no matter what the motivation, was a terrorist.

I wouldn't have thought so, you have to want to cause terror and we are not sure he wanted to do that. He may have wanted to kill lots of people for absolutely no reason, we just don't know. And I think that's where the problem with this case lies.

Would it be fair to say that a terrorist usually acts for political or ideological ends? In that case, would the murderer of Jo Cox warrant the term?

I don't think he wanted to cause terror did he?

His was a targeted attack rather than a threat to the public or so I thought. The guys who attacked people indiscriminately with the cars, vans and knives were doing it because of an ideology but that's different.

Of course this is probably semantics but the reason this incident can happen is clearly due to lack of gun controls, there is no escaping that sad fact.

Watching my Mother in hospital slowly recovering from the coma she slipped into last Wednesday, knowing that any improvements are only temporary and seeing other family/friends regaining hope when there isn't any. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Watching my Mother in hospital slowly recovering from the coma she slipped into last Wednesday, knowing that any improvements are only temporary and seeing other family/friends regaining hope when there isn't any. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Only just back tracked on this thread and read the sad news about your Mother. So sorry, and can't even begin to imagine what you must all be going through. Words seem inadequate at times like these Lycan, but my thoughts are with you all at this truly cruel and heartbreaking time.

It's heartbreaking to read as well mate. I'm lost for words.

Sorry to read this man, thoughts go out to you and your at what must be an incredible hard time. Stay strong man.

Shit Lycan, that is heartbreaking, so, so sorry for you.

Thoughts are with you buddy.

Back