• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Maybe the gun lobby should take a long, hard look at themselves after todays atrocity.

Sandy Hook and the slaughter of children was America reaching the bottom of the barrel. It did nothing.

Crocodile tears for a few days from the politicians until the next one which attracts global coverage.

Alan, only a certain few people over here would compare mass murder in the United States with the Brexit vote in Britain.

Think the comparison was more Brexit::Trump than anything.

Sandy Hook and the slaughter of children was America reaching the bottom of the barrel. It did nothing.

Crocodile tears for a few days from the politicians until the next one which attracts global coverage.

I tend to agree, but maybe, just maybe this latest atrocity will open a few eyes in the United States.

Can't the current president just introduce tighter gun ownership laws? Surely that doesn't break the right to bear arms amendment.

Introduce licenses, ammo limits, restrictions for violent offenders, etc. Surely the general public can see it's in their best interests. They can still get a gun for protection/sport/hunting if they apply for one and don't have a record.

Can't the current president just introduce tighter gun ownership laws? Surely that doesn't break the right to bear arms amendment.

Introduce licenses, ammo limits, restrictions for violent offenders, etc. Surely the general public can see it's in their best interests. They can still get a gun for protection/sport/hunting if they apply for one and don't have a record.

Theoretically I suppose Trump could write an Executive Order on the subject but the backlash would be incredible and would totally alienate the people who voted him into office. It would be political suicide.

Theoretically I suppose Trump could write an Executive Order on the subject but the backlash would be incredible and would totally alienate the people who voted him into office. It would be political suicide.

They could at least be made to wait a week between buying a gun and getting it.

Afraid of?
That's a sweeping statement tbh Fred!:/

well in sweden we dont sleep with guns in the bedrooms or have no trespassers signs anywhere..i think you are entitled to kill a person trespassing in usa?

agree, if trump did that he would be kicked out of politics faster than anyone before..not gonna happen

What has Brexit or Trump to do with a maniac murdering people?

Well from the Trump stand point he has spent the last 2 years dividing a country and creating a hate culture. That leads to people doing things like they have done in Vegas...or maybe just justify to them the reasons for doing it.

They could at least be made to wait a week between buying a gun and getting it.

If I'm not mistaken. Perhaps Alan can clarify. But they do have laws with a waiting period between gun application and license is permitted. Perhaps it is different per state?

well in sweden we dont sleep with guns in the bedrooms or have no trespassers signs anywhere..i think you are entitled to kill a person trespassing in usa?

I don't know I'm not a U.S. citizen. And weighing up all the options probably choose not to either

Well from the Trump stand point he has spent the last 2 years dividing a country and creating a hate culture. That leads to people doing things like they have done in Vegas...or maybe just justify to them the reasons for doing it.

In America over the years there have been far too many casualties caused by firearms. Each one is tragic, but one cannot blame the act of a lone maniac on Brexit and Trump.

aye

Back