• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

USA apparently had 10,000 deaths by shooting last year - we had 30 in the UK (even if we allow for population levels that's no more than 200 over here)

Right to bear arms clearly has no responsibilities attached to it!

The videos of Vegas were the first thing that I saw when I arrived at work today and they genuinely shook me up. The fire was relentless, solid bursts of machine gun fire sprayed into the crowd.
Watched the footage this morning as it broke and it was horrendous. I love Vegas, it's such an awesome place to visit and I have never felt anything but safe there.

I must admit to not knowing an awful lot about the constitution, but is it written in stone, or can amendments still be made to it?

Likewise Frank. I'm just a legal visitor here to the country. So don't know a whole lot about it either but id imagine the likes of Congress would have to be involved.
But after 200 years of the same old rule I'd imagine not much will ever change

It can change. But there isn't even close to enough appetite either politically or in public opinion to bother

Isn't it the 2nd amendment?
Technically yes, but the first ten are what we call the Bill of Rights and it's more appropriate to think of them as set pieces of the Constitution. Amendments 11-27 came later and generally aren't seen as the same level of sacred as 1-10.

Technically yes, but the first ten are what we call the Bill of Rights and it's more appropriate to think of them as set pieces of the Constitution. Amendments 11-27 came later and generally aren't seen as the same level of sacred as 1-10.

which is the amendment they usually call to have the right to say nothing in court? 13th?

5th

The right not to incriminate yourself.

The simple fact is no presidential candidate that pushes gun control will ever get elected. The gun lobby is too powerful.

A Republican wouldn't get on the ticket, a Democrat could potentially still get elected advocating some kind of gun control but wouldn't stand a chance of getting it through Congress.

Obama tried to push something after Sandy Hook and it failed miserably. That says everything about gun control in this country.

Back