• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Not really sure where to put this. I suppose the way I feel sometimes makes me sad, looking back at crap I've pulled makes me sad, so here goes.

https://danwolves.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/progress-of-sorts/
Dan - respect to you for posting this - a lot of it chimed with me - the excessive self deprecation, the verbose inner critic - my thoughts are that a lot of this is innate and gets triggered by the progression of years, a sort of inevitable erosion of our self belief due to the passage of time and experiences. The fact that you are able to verbalise so openly and candidly is a positive - that you are on a journey in the right direction. Perfectionism is often at the centre of issues around depression and anxiety, and I would just say be kind to yourself, don't strive for perfection, be the best You that you can be - good luck!

I'm pleased the praise your blog gets gives you a boost mate - but you get praise because your blog is bloody good!

I really do hope you keep it going because it's an excellent read. Your previews for example are a much better read than stuff you find on the E&S or on twitter. I tend to agree with pretty much all of it but you say it far more eloquently than I ever could.

And you know some of us well enough to realise that we're far too critical and mean spirited to praise it JUST to make you feel better.....

Not really sure where to put this. I suppose the way I feel sometimes makes me sad, looking back at crap I've pulled makes me sad, so here goes.

https://danwolves.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/progress-of-sorts/

I've had a read of this. Have mentioned to you before I'd love to have a discussion with you on this subject (genuinely I would!) as the subject is fascinating, and means something to me.
I'd like to make a considered, un-rushed response, so need to have a bit of a think about how to phrase stuff before I post. But that is a decent articulation of your perspective.
It won't be this evening - I've a prior engagement. I'll do my best to respond tomorrow evening mate. & hope to get to have that proper conversation with you on this someday!

Thanks guys.

I know it can't all be people just humouring me about my writing, that internal monologue won't go away though, there's always the nagging doubt that I'm no good. That'll always be there I suppose, it's how much I can suppress that with y'know, evidence that it's wrong.

I have good days, I have bad days. The positive is that it used to be a ratio of 10 bad to 1 good and it's probably the other way round now. If you can't eradicate a problem then at least try to minimise it.

Openness is a big thing for me I think, bottling stuff up gets me nowhere and I can be a hard person to read at times, so the more insight I can give, the better I reckon. There are a lot of people on this forum alone who've helped me in ways I can't repay and I'll always be eternally grateful for that.

I can be a hard person to read at times

I think you can be sometimes, as in the past I took something that you said to heart and I shouldn't have done. I apologise.

I admire you for putting all that down for us to read, it must not have been easy.Keep on doing what you are doing, and may your good days get better and better.

Keep strong Dan. And never doubt your abilities. The blogs you write are superb, I wish I could do half as well.

I think you can be sometimes, as in the past I took something that you said to heart and I shouldn't have done. I apologise.

I admire you for putting all that down for us to read, it must not have been easy.Keep on doing what you are doing, and may your good days get better and better.

It's time to end that silly feud. Life really is too short. So thanks.

Keep strong Dan. And never doubt your abilities. The blogs you write are superb, I wish I could do half as well.

Thanks David, I don't always believe what I write is any good but the reaction should tell its own story. It's a learning process as I go.

That was very good reading Dan and I have a bit of the same issues myself ..brave and open of you to write about that..

Thanks Fred, I know you have your own issues at the moment and if I can help in any way then just ask.

I've been taking some comfort, if that's the word, from Dans experiences during the past few months, my life has been interrupted by depression, anxiety leading to psychosis and paranoia, not me I hasten to add.
Thing are just starting to get better and I'd like to thank the NHS staff from Penn Hospital and particularly the home treatment team for their help over the last few months.

I'm so glad to hear things are on the upturn Trev. If I've helped in the most minor way possible then great.

It's time to end that silly feud. Life really is too short. So thanks.

Thanks David, I don't always believe what I write is any good but the reaction should tell its own story. It's a learning process as I go.

Thanks Fred, I know you have your own issues at the moment and if I can help in any way then just ask.

Same goes for you Dan..

I've been taking some comfort, if that's the word, from Dans experiences during the past few months, my life has been interrupted by depression, anxiety leading to psychosis and paranoia, not me I hasten to add.
Thing are just starting to get better and I'd like to thank the NHS staff from Penn Hospital and particularly the home treatment team for their help over the last few months.

Good to hear its going in the right direction Trev

I am pleased that things are moving in the right direction.

Try and treat that inner doubting voice like an Essex Wolf post. You know sometimes you can't help but let it get to you and react to it, but deep down you know full well you'd be better off ignoring it as it's talking bollocks.

Best wishes, Trev. Caring for someone going through these things is really hard work.

Thanks all, there's been times when I was desperate to be honest but we're getting there slowly.

Just had a call to advise that my Daughter in Law is in St Georges intensive care having after suffering a brain aneurysm yesterday lunchtime & was operated on this morning.

Too early for any prognosis & fortunately my son was working from home & not at the other end of the country as he could well have been. Was found unconcious by a passerby in her car in the work car park so again fortunate that she was found quickly & hadn't started driving home.

She is only 37 FFS

Back