• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

2 kids dead and 9 injured at am attack in Southport. Social media drowning in speculation that it's a recent migrant that was on a watch list. I know it shouldn't matter but I hope to fuck it's a white British bloke.
Police say the 17 year old arrested lives in Lancashire and was born in Wales

It was reported from a dodgy source that it was an asylum seeker "off a boat" of course that story had been met with unmitigated glee by the knuckle draggers.

As Del said a part of me is grateful that isn't the case as it does stir up so much hate, much like the airport video did last week.

Fuck me, twitter is so often a shit show. But today it's infinitely worse.

The trending "name".

The creators of that must be pissing themselves.

Preferring the focus to be on the actual human cost of the tragedy, rather than on left and right wing obsessives on Twitter trying to wind each other up is an odd take?

Preferring the focus to be on the actual human cost of the tragedy, rather than on left and right wing obsessives on Twitter trying to wind each other up is an odd take?
No, your first post on the matter is to have a dig at me, it wasn't a post on how horrific the incident was.

We all know it was an horrific incident, not stating it was before talking about the fall out (and that fallout is important) doesn't mean you, me or anyone else doesn't think it was.

Last edited:
The point was actually a broad one about online culture wars, not just about you!

I'm happy to discuss my point with you if you like, rather than making it all about your persecution complex. Up to you

Just reread my initial post, perhaps could/should have made clear that the attackers identity and subsequent culture war was very much a secondary concern compared to the devastation of the victims, their families and the wider community. Though would also like to think it's obvious and doesn't really need to be said, and that conversation on the fallout shouldn't need to come with the obvious caveated

No problem with someone mentioning it as an aside, and no inference meant that anyone on here doesn't care about the incident.

I think it's easy to indulge in a running commentary on it though, post after post, which is essentially futile, as it all develops in the same pattern with almost every violent incident now.

Anyway let's hope we get some clarity on what the fuck actually happened soon, as I'm sure all of us who are parents on here are struggling to not let this dominate our thoughts

Anyway let's hope we get some clarity on what the fuck actually happened soon, as I'm sure all of us who are parents on here are struggling to not let this dominate our thoughts
Never been a parent as such but when all of this was taking place yesterday I was up in Yorkshire having a lovely time with my beautiful little 2 year old granddaughter, delighting in her sweet nature, innocence and taking pleasure watching her learn and develop every day. The thought that some cunt can do such a thing to such beautiful little people absolutely horrifies and sickens me. We can't begin to imagine what all those parents are going through, this shit should not happen, EVER

Occasionally, something horrific happens in the news and I refuse to read anything about it. Unfortunately, this is one of those occasions - I find it incredibly upsetting and I can't begin to imagine what it's done to the families of those affected.

I have two daughters, they are 7 and 11, they both love Taylor Swift.

This is why I'm particularly disgusted/interested in the reaction to this, and particularly pissed off to be pigeon holed (again) on here.

The likes of Tommy Robinson, Anderson and Farage thrive off this shit and the reaction is what fuels racially motivated attacks, and then revenge attacks that may well mean more totally innocent people (like us and them) get caught up in it and also ultimately continues the cycle. It's fucking vile.

I've had numerous friends sharing that fake news article about it being a bloke off a boat and the bullshit name.

Twitter being a totally unregulated cess pit is creating and perpetuating hate as we saw last week too.

It needs addressing.

Back