• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Having 2 daughters both early teens but fully remember them at the ages of the girls that died. The saddest part for me is my girls loved dancing at that age and I know the excitement they’d have had yesterday morning. The fact 3 of them didn’t come home is the saddest news you’ll ever hear.
Can only empathise with the parents etc not sure how you ever recover from this.

Looks like Tommy Robinson’s mob have turned up, find a Mosque any Mosque will do.

Pricks bringing violence to vigils? Smart...

My Facebook feed has been like an EDL/BNP message board the last couple of days.

It definitely feels different to previous flash points. They're certainly a lot bolder with both their words and actions

The idiots are so stupid they've just given Labour a thumping majority. I've still not seen anything which transfers Reform votes into previously Tory constituencies to see what would have happened. It must have been done by someone though?

It definitely feels different to previous flash points. They're certainly a lot bolder with both their words and actions
Your relatives/friends/acquaintances aren't any more or less racist than they ever were, they just feel more emboldened. I refuse to spend time with my MILs partner, not particularly because of racism but because he falls for any Facebook conspiracy theory going, so it's better for the family equilibrium.

Your relatives/friends/acquaintances aren't any more or less racist than they ever were, they just feel more emboldened. I refuse to spend time with my MILs partner, not particularly because of racism but because he falls for any Facebook conspiracy theory going, so it's better for the family equilibrium.
I can't talk to people like that. I usually just say "mmm interesting" and try and avoid them.

I’m glad I’m not on Facebook. I couldn’t be friends with anyone promoting any of that shit. If it was family, I’d have to think hard about how much time I spent with them in future.

So it would appear he isn't even a Muslim, let alone an asylum seeker. Although looking at Twitter it appears pretty easy to pivot your racism towards Africa.

Yep the fact the kid is black and doesn't have a (traditionally) British last name will be all the justification plenty of these c***s need.

Yep the fact the kid is black and doesn't have a (traditionally) British last name will be all the justification plenty of these c***s need.
Black = brown = immigrant = Muslim. Fairly straightforward really...

I’m glad I’m not on Facebook. I couldn’t be friends with anyone promoting any of that shit. If it was family, I’d have to think hard about how much time I spent with them in future.
And this is a problem for me too, having grown up in Kidderminster (and not left until 2015) it's an incredibly right wing area:

2024 election
Tories - 14489
Labour - 13677
Reform - 9887

I could of course just delete/not speak to friends again, but aren't we all supposed to be accepting of other people's views and not increasing the effects of an echo chamber??

Weeded the worst of collected acquaintances out years ago.

I do keep the absolute fruitloop on FB who has gone full conspiracy nut since Covid just to see what batshit stuff is out there, I never interact.

Depends on the views. You're an obnoxious racist, but I'll look beyond that because I went to school with you doesn't really cut it for me.
Yep, differing opinions are great and all that, but if the opinion is "these people are inherently worse than me", the person with that opinion can get fucked.

Burden is on them to show they've changed, it's not on anyone else to give them that chance.

I dunno, there’s always been a lot of intolerant superiority coming from the left.

If you’re putting the burden on them to show they’ve changed, then that assumes you’re right and they are wrong and they have to meet your view, and until they do they can in fact ‘get fucked’ - which is effectively saying ‘these people are inherently worse than me’ - the very thing they are being criticised for themselves.

If there’s a blatant breach of the law then there is some mileage in that, but it’s a superior position the left likes to put itself in on most subjects.

We’re getting to a position where we don’t want to talk and we don’t want to listen so we’re probably just going to have to live with the dangerous consequences of that.

Last edited:
I would class my self as to the center in as far as politics goes, but progressive as far as wanting a better world, being tolerant and against all forms of racism.
I don't however see how a two tier police service, or judiciary service, that at times appears to be politically influenced, has anything to do with a progressive , modern democracy.

Back