• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

I dunno, there’s always been a lot of intolerant superiority coming from the left.

If you’re putting the burden on them to show they’ve changed, then that assumes you’re right and they are wrong and they have to meet your view, and until they do they can in fact ‘get fucked’ - which is effectively saying ‘these people are inherently worse than me’ - the very thing they are being criticised for themselves.

If there’s a blatant breach of the law then there is some mileage in that, but it’s a superior position the left likes to put itself in on most subjects.

We’re getting to a position where we don’t want to talk and we don’t want to listen so we’re probably just going to have to live with the dangerous consequences of that.
I'll give you the output of the fruitloop I mentioned earlier, from a couple of days ago.

Love him or hate him, he’s spot on here.
All the celebs saying how sorry they are and condolences to the families. The usual shite when they could be using their platforms to put pressure on the government to CLOSE THE BORDERS NOW.

And the link was to a video of Andrew Tate.

I don't care if it makes me elitist or smugly superior, I'm perfectly happy to think I'm better than that.

Well he’s a fruitloop for sure, I’ll give you that.

Looks like most people have had enough with the SM madness and just moving away into their own spaces are leaving the nutters to yell at each other. Not sure how we move forward though, there’s enough material out there to fuel any narrative and clearly the rage is getting worse.

Have felt for a while we’re heading towards some major civil unrest at some stage soon and fear Southport is only the start.

She.

It's troubling whenever it happens but is it anything new? Early 80s Brixton/Toxteth riots, early 2000s loads of stuff in Greater Manchester (when I lived there, so I was up close), early 2010s in London?

I dunno, there’s always been a lot of intolerant superiority coming from the left.

If you’re putting the burden on them to show they’ve changed, then that assumes you’re right and they are wrong and they have to meet your view, and until they do they can in fact ‘get fucked’ - which is effectively saying ‘these people are inherently worse than me’ - the very thing they are being criticised for themselves.

If there’s a blatant breach of the law then there is some mileage in that, but it’s a superior position the left likes to put itself in on most subjects.

We’re getting to a position where we don’t want to talk and we don’t want to listen so we’re probably just going to have to live with the dangerous consequences of that.
There's a massive difference between thinking someone is shit because of their racial politics (which they have at least some control over) and thinking someone is shit because "they're not from here".

The principle is sound, but in the social media age, it's not the reality in my experience. I had someone telling me the other day that Alzheimer's is caused by margarine. Before the 1960s everyone ate butter and the disease didn't exist. It was introduced and now people are affected. I zoned out, but I think it was something or other to do with pesticides. She was adamant though and debating it wouldn't have been an option even if I wanted to.

Depends on the views. You're an obnoxious racist, but I'll look beyond that because I went to school with you doesn't really cut it for me.
Depends how we define racism too.

Posting propaganda probably means they are racist, as that so often is the case. But it's not outright racism.

Edit: by propaganda I'm talking lions with the flag wrapped around them

Now that alone isn't racism, but we know where you have to go to find stuff like that.

Posting propaganda probably means they are racist, as that so often is the case. But it's not outright racism.

Now that alone isn't racism, but we know where you have to go to find stuff like that.
Very much so.

I know you're not a cricket fan but ex-England captain Michael Vaughan was recently charged with historic racism and got found not guilty as basically, how do you prove what someone did or didn't say in a non-broadcast, non-recorded conversation 15 years ago. But if you look at some of the shit he spouts:

FDcREKnXoAsoPJ9.jpg

FDcRDrwXsAExuxv.jpg

FDb7LI6XMAcN-Yf.jpg

Join the dots.

Patriotism doesn't have to be xenophobic or racist, in the same way you can still be a patriot and a republican.

Very much so.

I know you're not a cricket fan but ex-England captain Michael Vaughan was recently charged with historic racism and got found not guilty as basically, how do you prove what someone did or didn't say in a non-broadcast, non-recorded conversation 15 years ago. But if you look at some of the shit he spouts:

FDcREKnXoAsoPJ9.jpg

FDcRDrwXsAExuxv.jpg

FDb7LI6XMAcN-Yf.jpg

Join the dots.
#JustSaying is a sure sign way of spotting a cunt and/or a racist.

Patriotism doesn't have to be xenophobic or racist, in the same way you can still be a patriot and a republican.
A patriot isn't always a racist, a racist is ALWAYS a patriot. They are philosophically entwined.

A patriot isn't always a racist, a racist is ALWAYS a patriot. They are philosophically entwined.
Not sure I agree. People can hate what/who is different without, necessarily loving themselves or those that are the same.

Not sure I would pin anyone I know as a patriot as such, not overtly at least, but I definitely know people with plenty of racist stuff to say.

Racists inevitably are "patriots" because they love their country and people more than all those dirty foreign types.

Racists inevitably are "patriots" because they love their country and people more than all those dirty foreign types.
I don't think they have to love their country to be able to hate the people that are different to them.

I don't think they have to love their country to be able to hate the people that are different to them.
I think they have to think they do. Look at the language of the 'moderate' racists. Not the Tommy Robinson's, but the ones in the pub, work or within your family. It's always about country. "We want our country back", "This isn't England any more". It's linked to an ideal of what their country used to be and what they think it should be like which is white or at least Christian. You could debate whether that's a real love of their country, but in their minds it is.

I think they have to think they do. Look at the language of the 'moderate' racists. Not the Tommy Robinson's, but the ones in the pub, work or within your family. It's always about country. "We want our country back", "This isn't England any more". It's linked to an ideal of what their country used to be and what they think it should be like which is white or at least Christian. You could debate whether that's a real love of their country, but in their minds it is.
I don't think that's true - from personal experience I can think of plenty of people who've said a bunch of racist things without ever hearing them say anything even vaguely patriotic outside of sports.

They quietly believe their country is white. And that's what they want back - even though it hasn't existed in that way in living memory. So in their lust for something like that, they hate those that don't fit with it. And then they dress it up in flag shagging. The cross of St George is very much front and centre at these far right shindigs.

They quietly believe their country is white. And that's what they want back - even though it hasn't existed in that way in living memory. So in their lust for something like that, they hate those that don't fit with it. And then they dress it up in flag shagging. The cross of St George is very much front and centre at these far right shindigs.
Which is ironic as Saint George was born in Anatolia and probably looked similar to some of the people they're vilifying today.

Which is ironic as Saint George was born in Anatolia and probably looked similar to some of the people they're vilifying today.
Turkish father and Palestinian mother apparently. As you say he probably looked very much like a modern day Muslim.

Back