• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Boggles the mind that our strategy to date seemingly hasn't taken this into account though.

Pity Jeff doesn't just fuck off and let someone more competent sort the shitshow out
We haven’t seemed to have had a strategy. It has just been to talk bollocks about having no money then end up wasting a load of budget by paying over the odds for a Mendes client.

Maybe a presumption from Jeff that Fosun would be injecting money this summer and they have withdrawn it. So back in November the plan was slightly different.

Who the fuck knows. It's a shit show we could all do without though.
Well then we’re going down. As no funding leaves a pretty big hole.

And they can only put in £30m anyway, that really doesn’t go very far the way we waste it.

Boggles the mind that our strategy to date seemingly hasn't taken this into account though.

Pity Jeff doesn't just fuck off and let someone more competent sort the shitshow out
He seemed to think (or was told by Mendes) he was signing big talents he’d sell for profit). You don’t need to know anything about football or the players in question to know that was highly unlikely given the fees involved, age, etc.

Well then we’re going down. As no funding leaves a pretty big hole.
Not that it's a gamble that we should take as a) it can easily blow up in your face and b) we don't need to, but it's some stretch right now to suggest that we won't finish above three of Burnley, Sheff Utd, Luton, West Ham, Bournemouth, Everton and Forest.

Not that it's a gamble that we should take as a) it can easily blow up in your face and b) we don't need to, but it's some stretch right now to suggest that we won't finish above three of Burnley, Sheff Utd, Luton, West Ham, Bournemouth, Everton and Forest.
It might not be this year but it will happen if there’s no money go in and we keep signing bad/expensive players. Because surely no money this year means no money next year and so on.

But that’s why I think the “Fosun have u-turned on putting the money in” is a load of bollocks. It would make zero sense

Is it?

I sure hope Fosun don’t think so.

Of course it is. We just finished above four of them and we gave them all a headstart. West Ham were worse than us when Lage was here!

It's not impossible but we're 7th/8th favourites to drop right now for a reason. Those boys at Ladbrokes don't get it wrong often.

Okay Dean 😉

Think I have PTSD from Karl Henry boldly proclaiming that we were “too good to go down” in the Champo, the dickwad.

My money is on jeff moved the goalposts as instructed by fosun after lop signed.
Hes calling their bluff.
Fosun are motivated by cash/profits and the world economy is in deep shit, do they give a steam king prawn dumpling for wolves if it doesnt make profit, do they fuck.

They aren't in it to make a year-by-year profit, they wouldn't siphon it off even if we did make one. They're in to make a long-term return on what they paid Steve Morgan plus what they've spent (and since converted to equity). They can only do that if we're in the Premier League because our value plummets the second we get relegated (if/when that happens). The club isn't "worth" anything beyond that as we don't own land and we don't have worldwide commercial value and never will.

There's always the odd surprise package among the promotion teams that does well, but also there are established clubs on the wane, sometimes that slow decline is what gets you.

I agree with DW it isn't an imminent threat, but you also don't want to sleepwalk into what's happened to Saints and Leicester

I'm just a bit surprised at turning on Lopetegui when we've had 3 managers now (Nuno in his last season) ask for investment and seems not getting it. The common denominator here is Fosun.

He just has more experience and connections than Lage (understatement of the year) so doesn't withdraw meekly into his box when club tries to cry poor to him only after the fact when we were safe.

There's a big difference expecting funds to come from selling Neves plus others vs being told that's the only way you'll get transfer funds.

We don't have all the details but Cunha's ridiculous price, structure of the deal, plus it being done surprisingly Day 1 the window opened feels like it was a Shi/Mendes special as opposed to the other signings, even if JL ok'd it. So if the club can splash that amount of cash on him, Nunes and Guedes, I think it's a bit rich not letting JL get the players he wants this summer.

A realistic transfer scenario is paying the Sasa/Collins-fee for another striker, an actual starting CB, and GK if we need a new #1, then fill the rest as needed with Lemina/Dawson type signings.

It doesn't have to be another "spend £120M+ on 5 players" bullshit transfer window.

You know I'm literally a translator? Like, that's what I do for a living?

He wasn't even speaking Spanish and even if he were, suggesting "there is no literal translation" across the board is complete bampot stuff.
I know, and friends of mine are Spanish to English Translators, Native Spanish speakers, as well as English Family, spoke English as part of the family from Birth, and still say to me there is no Literal Translation. If you speak Spanish you no doubt Speak Castilliano, you come to Andalus, you will not understand shite, it's worse than Glaswegian.

Half the word is missing sometimes Ce is The, sometimes Ce is Se, Buena means Good morning.

You are a Fantastic duo linguist and possibly more, there is hell of a difference between dual.lingo and Native apologies, I have struggled to learn I have nothing but admiration for those who have mastered multiple languages.
I can just about speak Spanish, but am learning every day, I can only just manage English.

Perfect example the Pourer in a Bottle of Spirits in English is called Pourer, you call it a vertedor in Spanish and they would not have a fucking clue what you wanted, or were talking about.

Last edited:
Fucking hell.

You're trying to tell me I've cribbed it all off Duolingo. Like, seriously.

I'd best tell myself the last 30 years of my life never happened.

Fucking hell.

You're trying to tell me I've cribbed it all off Duolingo. Like, seriously.

I'd best tell myself the last 30 years of my life never happened.
No and as I said you have my admiration for being able to communicate in multiple languages. It's fantastic, I can't do it fluently.

There is a difference between Fluent and Native

I walked into My pals bar from Darlo today and said

Ha bist tha muka

Translate that as a none native

Spoke to my Spanish mate to said Tio Buena quieran cortado.

No one outside Andaluz would guess what a Cortado was

Literal translation is

hello uncle want to cut
Andalus
Hey mate want a strong Coffee

Back