• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Similar to the manager of the month award. Eventually things revert to the mean.

If it doesn't make a difference, why would anyone ever bother sacking the manager...

Look at Albion right now, got rid of one of the few managers who is actually worse than Lage, and they've won four on the spin since.

I don't think anyone's giving up if we lose on Boxing Day, just we don't have any breathing room at all, we can't write a single game off (bar maybe City and Arsenal). Because we already wrote off nearly half a season.
And owners who will asset strip the club before putting it up for sale.

I think the key comparison is something like cricket where you can see the run rate / run rate required / and expected run rate to demonstrate you haven't got a hope in hell even if the score looks OK. That's where this season is in the realms of falling into, it might not look too bad right this second, but it's not far around the corner without almost immediate results.

That's why we're worked up and impatient @Alan

Has Jonny played in either match? can't recall seeing him in any videos either?

Yep, Jonny is injured. Travelled with the squad like Neto but was never playing or doing full training

Or if you want a recent(ish) Wolves comparison, we weren't *actually* in the bottom three very much under Mick in his final season.

Was pretty obvious which way it was going though.

Remember we still have to face Liverpool x 2, Man Utd x 2, Man City away, Newcastle away and Arsenal away. 7 of our 23 games where you'd be very hard pushed to predict us to draw, let alone win.

As I try to be optimistic I'm currently 50/50 as to whether we stay up. However we haven't played a competitive match under JL yet, so by the middle of January I could easily be 'wim definitely gooin down.'
Realistically we need at least 3 wins before the end of January to give us a fighting chance.

Keep the faith?

Keep the faith?

Alright Bon Jovi, settle down.

We've been terrible for about two years, I don't expect miracles from Lopetegui. I do think he gives us a better chance of digging our way out than anyone else we could even think of attracting, it's whether there's too much to do.

As I try to be optimistic I'm currently 50/50 as to whether we stay up. However we haven't played a competitive match under JL yet, so by the middle of January I could easily be 'wim definitely gooin down.'
Realistically we need at least 3 wins before the end of January to give us a fighting chance.
Hmm, just had a look at the games up till the end of January, if we win 2 and shithouse a couple of draws we'll have done ok.
Now I'm thinking it's more 30/70 we'll survive.....fuck positivity.

Alright Bon Jovi, settle down.

We've been terrible for about two years, I don't expect miracles from Lopetegui. I do think he gives us a better chance of digging our way out than anyone else we could even think of attracting, it's whether there's too much to do.
I just worry about the state of things here if we lay an egg on Boxing Day. We're a bunch of negative bastards at the best of times.

That Everton game is massive. They are absolutely garbage and we simply can’t be falling further behind. Particularly when that’s one of our very winnable games.

If we lose that, regardless of whether it’s a fair result or not, I’ll be very worried. I’ll still be worried with a draw.

That Everton game is massive. They are absolutely garbage and we simply can’t be falling further behind. Particularly when that’s one of our very winnable games.

If we lose that, regardless of whether it’s a fair result or not, I’ll be very worried. I’ll still be worried with a draw.
And they'll be without their best centre half ;)

Yep. As nice as it would be to say "you can't expect him to turn it around immediately, he needs time", we don't have time.

If we wanted time then we should have sacked Fuckface 7-8 months ago when he was obviously awful and the players hated him.
jeff shi is reaping what he sowed. terrible CEO, gotta go.

Yep. As nice as it would be to say "you can't expect him to turn it around immediately, he needs time", we don't have time.

If we wanted time then we should have sacked Fuckface 7-8 months ago when he was obviously awful and the players hated him.
I really wish you’d get off the fence with your opinion of Lage. Do you rate him or not!?

Personally can’t get that worked up when there’s a whole half a season left.

I’ve always felt that football culture over there is pretty impatient (which I do get comes from the very real punishment of relegation; stakes are high), so this surely isn’t news to y’all.

The next few matches are important but there’s still time afterward to rewrite the story of this season.

Those three games against Everton, United and Villa are followed by West Ham, Liverpool and Man City which I think adds to the haste, we could easily lose three of Julen's first 6 even if he hits the ground running.

We'd then have two utterly huge games against Southampton and Bournemouth.

We absolutely need 4-6 points out of Wham and Everton.

Back